Thread: Fishing/camping backpack concealed carry???

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA

Post imported post

I just thought of it today. Don't know, so I figured I would ask.

Sometimes when I go fishing, I don't want to wear heavier, tighter fitting clothes and belt if I am gonna be sitting on a log, or a lake bank for several hours fishing.

So I drop the pistol inholster into the camping pack that I keep my fishing gear (light tackle mostly)and some emergancy supplies in.

It's in the second largest compartment, zipped up and unreachable while I am wearing it, but when it's in the truck it's in the back seat and again out of reach but also out of sight.

Have I been illegaly concealing my firearm?

I will do what I have to so that I am following the rules. I don't wanna bring that kinda trouble on myself at all.

Post imported post

As far as I know--yes. It is still on your person and is illegal--provided you DO NOT have a CCDW.

I believe, even if it is in the car and unreachable, it is still concealed. If you do not have a CCDW the gun either needs to be completely visible on your person, in the glovebox, or stowed away in the trunk.

Post imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
    As far as I know--yes. It is still on your person and is illegal--provided you DO NOT have a CCDW.

I believe, even if it is in the car and unreachable, it is still concealed. If you do not have a CCDW the gun either needs to be completely visible on your person, in the glovebox, or stowed away in the trunk.
    correct

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA

Post imported post

I don't have a CCDW.

I just put it in the pack cause it's easier than wearing more restrictive clothes.

Good to know though. I'll just have to deal with the belt from now on.

Thanks fellas.

Post imported post

get a shouldeer rig and it will solve this issue. Glaco makes a good one ,but you will spend a little on it. You will have to pay for comfort.