• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fishing/camping backpack concealed carry???

Butterbone

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
imported post

I just thought of it today. Don't know, so I figured I would ask.

Sometimes when I go fishing, I don't want to wear heavier, tighter fitting clothes and belt if I am gonna be sitting on a log, or a lake bank for several hours fishing.

So I drop the pistol inholster into the camping pack that I keep my fishing gear (light tackle mostly)and some emergancy supplies in.

It's in the second largest compartment, zipped up and unreachable while I am wearing it, but when it's in the truck it's in the back seat and again out of reach but also out of sight.

Have I been illegaly concealing my firearm?

I will do what I have to so that I am following the rules. I don't wanna bring that kinda trouble on myself at all.

langzaiguy

imported post

As far as I know--yes. It is still on your person and is illegal--provided you DO NOT have a CCDW.

I believe, even if it is in the car and unreachable, it is still concealed. If you do not have a CCDW the gun either needs to be completely visible on your person, in the glovebox, or stowed away in the trunk.

MgoBlue

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
As far as I know--yes. It is still on your person and is illegal--provided you DO NOT have a CCDW.

I believe, even if it is in the car and unreachable, it is still concealed. If you do not have a CCDW the gun either needs to be completely visible on your person, in the glovebox, or stowed away in the trunk.
correct

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

get a shouldeer rig and it will solve this issue. Glaco makes a good one ,but you will spend a little on it. You will have to pay for comfort.