• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The best info on any gun laws you could ever want

zack991

imported post

A friend of mind on another forum posted the link and this is what I ordered and it cost me $0.00. Its free so get any and all info you ever wanted to know about gun laws.

ATF P 5300.4 - Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide*
ATF P 5300.5 (Book & in CD form) - State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms*
ATF P 5400.7 - ATF: Explosives Laws and Regulations*
ATF P 5400.8 - List of Explosive Materials
ATF P 5300.11 - Firearms Curios and Relics List*

I don't remember how long ago it was, maybe 2 weeks or so, but anyway, I sent in my application for an FFL-C&R. There is an ATF website where you can order whatever applications or paperwork you might need in dealing with firearms. All the forms are free with free shipping (your tax dollars at work).

While going through the list I checked State Firearms laws on CD-Rom.

Well, today I remembered I got it so I dug it out, popped it in my laptop and WOW! was I surprised.

It is completely organized by state with an overlay of federal laws. Easy enough for anyone to use. Just follow table of contents.

Its especially useful if you travel with a laptop... you can take it anywhere and have it available in a second...

Just thought I'd share with y'all. The CD-Rom order number is ATF P5300.5 CD-ROM. The website is

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

You just type in your mailing info and they send it out to you. The stuff I ordered came to 10 pounds! It comes by UPS right to your house.

Hope this helps someone....

Don

zack991

imported post

It may be a good idea to save the link some where on the site with the info so longer after the thread is gone people still can get the books. I never knew about this until today and I have been a gun owner for many years. That and your paying taxes to get the books printed and sent out, you might as well have a copy.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

You realize of course that anything you insert in your computer from the ATF has tracking software that goes through your e-mail, copies your address book, searches your hard drive for all references to "guns", "firearms" and all other keywords that may interest the BATFE's cyber-warfare division.

Afterthe programcompiles this information, it sends it to every state, local and federal law enforcement agency and then completely wipes your hard drive.

<now you may remove your tin-foil hat>

maldog

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
You realize of course that anything you insert in your computer from the ATF has tracking software that goes through your e-mail, copies your address book, searches your hard drive for all references to "guns", "firearms" and all other keywords that may interest the BATFE's cyber-warfare division.

Afterthe programcompiles this information, it sends it to every state, local and federal law enforcement agency and then completely wipes your hard drive.

It's called Kaspersky Anti Virus that I use on all my computers and It will not allow that to happen.

This is the most advanced anti virus software on the market. developed by the Russians.............................Try it :D

zack991

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

That makes perfect sense of something the feds would do, that is another reason why I got all books.For one reason you can't scratch a book enough for it to be useless. You may rip a page or two, but the rest of the book is still usable.

Shallnotbeinfringed

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

Sometimes I read things on the internet and I'm not quite sure if the poster is joking, being sarcastic or is really truly a fruit loop. This is one of those times. I'm leaning toward joking/sarcasm, but 40% of me thinks the poster might just be a fruit loop. Either way I laughed. :D

I ordered some myself. Time will tell if the .gov comes knocking.