Thread: Recent Change at Sports Authority

Post imported post

Last night I went to the local Sports Authority for some non-gun shopping, and I was surprised to see gun safes in the entry area.:shock: The last time I was there, nothing in the place gave any sign that they even knew guns exist.

When I got inside, I saw a guns/hunting department in the back corner.:celebrate There's a reason it looks new. The clerk told me that the closure of GI Joe's a few blocks away inspired them to make the place more than just a "soccer mom store", so they added the hunting and fishing departments just two weeks ago. IIRC, he said his own job was that new.

They have long guns, but no handguns, although they do have holsters and handgun ammo (when it's in stock). Also, the usual camo, targets, and cleaning supplies.

I have no idea what their OC policy might be. Since it's in Beaverton, loaded OC is illegal without a CHL. (I don't have one yet.)

Post imported post

Sounds like a shopping trip to Beaverton is in order!

Great info, thanks!

~Auto

Post imported post

Well, I know the best way to find out

Post imported post

ok im a lil slow on this. but thats 3 blocks from my house, ill have to check that out tomorrow. thank you

Post imported post

My local Joe's turned into a Dick's Sporting Goods. I am actually going there today to see if they are hiring. I haven't heard of any reports on their policies so will check em out.

Rev. Jim