• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleton Open Carry???

apierce918

imported post

I live in neenah, but have been too chicken so far.. :)

And i would rather get a Serpa holster for OC rather than the Fobus and CC ones i have

Carcharodon

imported post

I mostly stick to Neenah, apierce I would be glad to go with you if you need to run some errands on a weekend, pm me. I'm going to Appleton today. Woodmans and Scheels.

Landose_theghost

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Carcharodon wrote:
I'm going to Appleton today. Woodmans and Scheels.
You can OC in Scheels but not in the Mall annex itself. There is an outside entrance to scheels though
I was just going to mention that...but yea,like gleason said just don't step in2 the actual mall. I've never attempted it myself, but I'm sure if you did Paul Blart would be on ya faster than flies on Sh*t...BTW, let me know how Woodmans goes...

Carcharodon

imported post

Why not the mall itself? I ended up going to Gander Mtn, it's in the same lot as Woodmans. The cashier asked me if I freaked people out by carrying and I told her no, she was only the 2nd person to say anything about it. I told her no one really seems to notice. I had a 20 yr old or so kid & his girl eyeballing me pretty hard while I was looking for snap caps though. at Woodmand I just had to get a bottle of Hypnotiq for later, it was pretty dead no problems though.

apierce918

imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
I mostly stick to Neenah, apierce I would be glad to go with you if you need to run some errands on a weekend, pm me. I'm going to Appleton today. Woodmans and Scheels.
I may take you up on that...:cool:

Carcharodon

imported post

Ok, I decided to carry EVRYWHERE I went today. Usualy I puss out if I'm only running in for a sec. I decided from now on if I'm not in the car I will be wearing my gun. The list is Woodmans, Gander Mtn. Neenah Wal Mart 2 times, My friend in Neenahs BBQ, Cellars Liquor, My friends house in dogtown. No problems. I did have the Gander cashier ask me a bit and, for the first time ever, a guy in the Wal-Mart parking lot. He asked me what kind of pistol it was, I responded Springfield XD. He said he ment what size. I said forty caliber. He asked about a permit, I said no one need one in Wisconsin. He asked me a few other questions, I dropped the website for him and gave him the basic rules (school zones, bars etc.). He seemed genuinely interested so I hope to see him around here soon.

protias

imported post

That is how we do it. One person at a time (or sometimes several).

Carry on! :celebrate

apierce918

imported post

when you guys unload, do you guys generally just put the mag with rounds inside the cabin (of the car) with you, or actually empty the magazine when unloading?

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

apierce918 wrote:
when you guys unload, do you guys generally just put the mag with rounds inside the cabin (of the car) with you, or actually empty the magazine when unloading?
I keep all mags with me in the passenger compartment. My firearm is in the trunk, unloaded and encased. Better safe than sorry.

apierce918

imported post

protias wrote:
I put my magazine in the case with my firearm.
does WI have a law against ammo being with it? I'm originally from MI and we had to keep ammo and gun seperate (unless we had a CPL)

protias

imported post

apierce918 wrote:
protias wrote:
I put my magazine in the case with my firearm.
does WI have a law against ammo being with it? I'm originally from MI and we had to keep ammo and gun seperate (unless we had a CPL)
The ammo can be in the magazine, but it cannot be in the firearm. I didn't have a way to carry extra magazines on me until yesterday, so that is how I always did it.

infantrygrunt

OC in Appleton

I OC'd in Appleton for the first time today. My family and I ate at Culver's on Westhill (ironic) without any issues. The cashiers noticed but didn't say anything and the customers didn't seem to care. Then we went across town to Valley View cinema and I didn't even catch as much as a sideways glance. Smooth!!

“If you want to carry a gun in Wisconsin,
wear it on your hip.”
-Governor James Doyle

littlewolf

XD40 in soft case w/slide open ,on center arm rest w/mag in cup holder,extra mag on belt. Easy to get to in case of emergancy ! and in plain sight.

johnny amish

I OC'd in Appleton for the first time today. My family and I ate at Culver's on Westhill (ironic) without any issues. The cashiers noticed but didn't say anything and the customers didn't seem to care. Then we went across town to Valley View cinema and I didn't even catch as much as a sideways glance. Smooth

Nice job on your first oc. Now you've unleashed the beast and there is no turning back.