• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Avoiding AZ because of gun laws.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
This "travel icon" is avoiding AZ b/c of their gun laws. We should invite him to an OC dinner in VA.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541522,00.html?test=latestnews
Va. Tells the Travel Icon “Add us to the list PLEASE”http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/va-tells-the-travel-icon-add-them-to-the-list/

Travel Icon Says He’ll Avoid Arizona Because of Gun Laws As a result, Frommer said he won’t be spending his tourism dollars at the Grand Canyon, or anywhere else in Arizona, because he doesn’t want to travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons as a means of political protest.

Well Mr. Icon, here in the Great State Of Virginia, we carry guns to protect ourselves. Speaking for Old Virginia, I would be delighted if you would add my state to your list. It would ease the traffic situation plus keep undesirables out. May I suggest you visit Mass a chew shitz. They ain’t got no guns. Editor

curtiswr

imported post

Yessir, someone add Virginia to his list please. Already got enough Maryland and northern emigrants that do a little too much play-in-mind arguing, bug-eyeing, and hard staring at people who enjoy their rights and freedoms.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Heck if this goof realized that the same thingthat happened in Arizona could be pulled off in many other states, maybe he would stay out of all of them. :) (Or maybe he'd realize that law abiding gun toters aren't any threat to him.)

Infidel

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Yessir, someone add Virginia to his list please. Already got enough Maryland and northern emigrants that do a little too much play-in-mind arguing, bug-eyeing, and hard staring at people who enjoy their rights and freedoms.
Watch it Curtis! I'm from TAX-A-chusettes!:?And I have seen a number of other transplants. And yes we have guns up there, THEY (the cops, shepple) don't want to see them. I am glad I came down though!:p

curtiswr

imported post

Watch out or I'll throw that pepper in the trash.

:cuss: :p

It's not all northern-folk I dislike... it's the ones who move to VA with the mindset of they want VA and everyone in it to be like wherever they came from, or what makes them comfortable... similar to Frommer's.

Hendu024

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I wish those of us from Maine, NH and Vermont could be separated from the rest of New England. As they say, we're a different breed of cat:p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
curtiswr wrote:
I wish those of us from Maine, NH and Vermont could be separated from the rest of New England. As they say, we're a different breed of cat:p
Can't say that about everyone from NH, Vermont or especially Maine. When I was a Ski Instructor, the New Hampshire people made fun of the Main folks. Called them Maniacs. One of the biggest %ickheads I ever met was Uel Gardner...from Maine. The NH people weren't half bad though.

Vermont is unusual. I know someone now, who immigrated from Vermont. He sleeps until 10:00 am and calls the cops if someone mows their yard before that time. Scared of guns too. He can go home most any time.

It isn't the boundary lines...it's the people