• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for places to shoot, OC events

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Vacation time! (How can a retired guy have a vacation?)

Anyhow, I'll be based in Conway 9/11 - 9/18. Have not yet decided what to bring in the way of toys, as I do not know where I could shoot or what limitations (handguns only, certain calibers not permitted) there might be if I found a place to shoot. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm always interested in meeting new folks and going out for OC meals. Any takers?

Suggestions, hints, or reminders on what is not allowed in NH will also be appreciated. About the only things I am aware of are courthouses/jails/post offices and while sitting inside my aotomobile (I do not have a NH non-res permit and understand that my Virginia and Utah permits will be useless up there).

Thanks in advance

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hurray! We have just initiated an OC event. How about we narrow it down to a day and time and specifically what it would be.

Since I'm the visitor I'll defer to your knowlege of the area. I'm openanything as long asI do not have toget dressed up. Flat-front chinos, a buttoned sports shirt and some sort of soft-soled shoe are it for me.

Pick a day between 9/12 & 9/18. Let me know what we will be doing and when.

This is your sub-forum so you know better how to "advertise" the event to the locals.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, I'm getting geared up for my vacation. There is one (1) response to do a meet-and-greet.

I'm thinking that maybe getting together for a dinner together with some folks might attract a bit more attention. Unfortunately, my vacation destination is a tourist trap, so the on-line reviews of restaurants is quite biased between folks that absolutely loved Friendly's (I lived in NE for a while, and they even have chains down here in Virginia) and folks that knowingly and willingly sat down for a $100+/person meal and whinge about every little thing.

Even if there is nobody except the one respondent, I need eating recommendations. Places do not have to be in Conway/North Conway, but I'd prefer not having to drive out of state just to eat a decent meal. Would someone be willing to suggest places ameanable to an Open Carry meet-and-greet meal anywhere in New Hampshire? Dinner is probably the best time of day. Location is dependant on getting a crowd together, as I am very interested in discussing the OC situation in NH and comparing it to Virginia. Please check out the Virginia forum and look at the various threads in Richmond, Tidewater, Virginia Beach, Northern Virginia, York County for how we do OC dinners if you are wondering what I am babbling about.:D

stay safe.

skidmark

sirfarmer

imported post

There are a few places in North Conway that aren't bad - but mostly touristy. Also depending on the day and time, we may not be permitted into a few places because they have "bouncers" and turn in to "clubs" after the dinner hour.

I'll give it some thought. The places I would recommend are off the main road and are mostly locals...

nh92d

imported post

Depending on day,time and location (i'm in Epsom) i'd be up for a OC meet and greet..

haven't done a OC event in some time (unless you count OCing while carrying daily..)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nh92d wrote:
Depending on day,time and location (i'm in Epsom) i'd be up for a OC meet and greet..

haven't done a OC event in some time (unless you count OCing while carrying daily..)

I'll be at The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn. Ask for me under my forum handle - I'll leave word with the operators of the place to contact me if anybody comes calling for that name. As I'm on vacation any time (as long as if it is AM it has two numbers - I do not do mornings - is good for me.

I'm interested in meeting OC folks from NH and swapping war stories, tall tales of OCing, and generally meeting new folks. Doing so over a meal or hanging out on the front porch or at some place where I can shoot is preferable to internet conversations.

As an inducement to you reserved Yankees, I'm bringing a small number of the new VCDL "Guns Save Lives" bumper stickers as seen here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/30917.html. Sure it's a bribe, but if it works I can start calling it PR.:lol:

stay safe.

skidmark