Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun rights event at Cabelas on Sat. Aug.29th, 2009 in Dundee, MI

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

also, is MOC part of the "Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners"?

--

http://www.cabelas.com/retail-2/--ca...dee.html.shtml

Click link to find:

--

Sat., Aug. 29, Gun Ownership presented by Michigan Gun Owners Association, The NRA and Cabela's [/url]

Gun Ownership presented by Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners, The NRA and Cabela's
    National and Local Experts will give presentations on gun ownership and Your 2nd Amendment Rights.
    • 8:45-9:00 a.m.: Opening remarks by Suzanne Anglewicz-NRA Manager of Legislative Actives
    • 4 Repeating Presentations at:
      • 9:00 a.m.
      • 10:00 a.m.
      • 11:00 a.m.
      • 12:00 p.m.
      Suzanne Anglewicz-NRA, Bryan Patrick- Associate Professor Toledo University, David Coy-NRA Board of Directors, David Felback-Past President MGRO
    • 4 Repeating Presentations at:
      • 2:00 p.m.
      • 3:00 p.m.
      • 4:00 p.m.
      • 5:00 p.m.
      Steve Dulan-Firearms Law Professor, Skip Coryell-Founder of 2nd Amendment March, Author of Six Books, James Irvine-Director of Buckeye Firearms Association, William Nichols- Prosecutor of Monroe County Michigan
    Location: Whitetail, Moose, Mallard and Grouse Classrooms Located on the 2nd Floor.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    also, is MOC part of the "Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners"?]
    MCRGO is its own organization, and the largest 2A organization in Michigan. There are three main orgs: Michigan Open Carry, MCRGO, and Michigan Gun Owners.

We have a tepid relationship with MGO, and almost no interaction with MCRGO, as far as I know.

I just heard about this Cabela's event today. I don't think we're involved in it at all, though it would be nice.

Post imported post

Just a thought to let members know fo the event and for MOC to think about joining; BTW, Cabela's corp policy ios pro-OC so hopefully the MI stores got the word

Post imported post

I think I'll be there!

Post imported post

I'll unfortunately be in the Cadillac area, but other MOC members should go. I can't imagine MCRGO being offended by open carry brochures getting passed out, and I highly doubt Cabelas would be. Probably a good idea to contact them though.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

My wifes' due date is that day.....hmmmm.......we'll see....

Post imported post

Scooter wrote:

take her if she goes into labor maybe there will be a doctor. Only pulling your leg I might be there also.

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I have my twins birthday party at 3pm, but I will try and be there in the morning. Gee, my "Did you know" or my 2A March shirt?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ISMOID wrote:
    I have my twins birthday party at 3pm, but I will try and be there in the morning. Gee, my "Did you know" or my 2A March shirt?
    Skip Coryell of the 2A March is a speaker there so that's covered, the did you know one please!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

take her if she goes into labor maybe there will be a doctor. Only pulling your leg I might be there also.
    Wife had the baby this morning, everything went good! I THINK I might be busy the rest of the week now.....

Post imported post

Scooter wrote:
    Wife had the baby this morning, everything went good! I THINK I might be busy the rest of the week now.....
    Congrats and busy the rest of the week? HAHAHA It never ends!

Post imported post

ISMOID wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Life, as you know it, is over!

I think I am starting to get mine back as my "baby" is now 16.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I plan on being up there early on Saturday. If anyone is interested in getting together for breakfast in Dundee, let me know.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    ISMOID wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Life, as you know it, is over!

I think I am starting to get mine back as my "baby" is now 16.
    LOL! This is baby #6 for us!:what:

Post imported post

Scooter wrote:
    Sounds like we need to get Scooter some training on how to avoid these negligent discharges...

Post imported post

InspectorGadget wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Sounds like we need to get Scooter some training on how to avoid these negligent discharges...
    No,....it's all on purpose, which is why I usually walk around with a smirk on my face!

Post imported post

Hey Skip Coryell the founder of the 2A March is asking for some help at this event. He needs some help from 2:00 PM-to 6:00PM. You would be handing out info, answering questions on the March, Helping Skip sell merchandise, helping to load up and take down, etc...

Not hard and most any of you guys can handle it. You would get to mingle with the "Big shots" of the firearm rights groups and learn what is happening in our fight for freedom. You might even get a free autographed copy of Skip's book "Blood in the Street".

I need to know ASAP if anyone can help out.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I'll check with my ol' lady to see if there's a schedule conflict for me that day. If not, I can help. I'll PM you later . . .
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I'll check with my ol' lady to see if there's a schedule conflict for me that day. If not, I can help. I'll PM you later . . .
    Great I hope you can make it, you would be perfect and not just because so far you are the only one that volunteered

Post imported post

I have my twins B'Day party at 3pm out in Troy so won't be able to help Skip but I will be there for the morning stuff.

Venator wrote:
    You would get to mingle with the "Big shots"
    I think what you meant to say was, "Some big shots would get the privledge of mingling with you!"

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Great I hope you can make it . . .
    Alright, no schedule conflicts. I can be in Dundee to help Skip.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

The event went well. Skip and I showed up at about 1 pm. Ismoid and InspectorGadget were already there. Those guys, Skip, and I were OC'ing. There might have been other MOC or forum members there that I didn't recognize, sorry if I missed you.

Skip and I manned a table with 2A March merchandise and his books. Skip gave a great presentation, I enjoyed being there to hear it. The room wasn't packed, but there was an OK turn-out. Even so, Skip's initial impression is donations were pretty good from this event. We hung around for about 45 minutes after his presentation, then he had to be off to his next stop for the day. Before I left, I took advantage of being at Cabela's and picked up a nice dual mag pouch I've been looking for.

Then, it was on to Lincoln Park for me to pick up my kids, then back up to Auburn Hills. Quite a full day for me.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    The event went well. Skip and I showed up at about 1 pm. Ismoid and InspectorGadget were already there. Those guys, Skip, and I were OC'ing. There might have been other MOC or forum members there that I didn't recognize, sorry if I missed you.

Skip and I manned a table with 2A March merchandise and his books. Skip gave a great presentation, I enjoyed being there to hear it. The room wasn't packed, but there was an OK turn-out. Even so, Skip's initial impression is donations were pretty good from this event. We hung around for about 45 minutes after his presentation, then he had to be off to his next stop for the day. Before I left, I took advantage of being at Cabela's and picked up a nice dual mag pouch I've been looking for.

Then, it was on to Lincoln Park for me to pick up my kids, then back up to Auburn Hills. Quite a full day for me.
    Thanks Dan and the other MOC guys. Skip says thanks too. He did pretty well at Cabelas and the Eaton Rapids gun club came through too. Thanks Eaton Rapids.

Post imported post

Sadly, I had to leave during the lunch break due to my twin's B'Day party. The speakers were good but the ones that I was really looking forward to hearing were in the afternoon, Murphy's law I guess.
    I was asked during the breaks we had about OC, so there was some interest from the people there.
    I didn't like the NRA-ILA speaker, Susanne Anglewicz, stating that if you OC you will be hassled people will freak out over it. I didn't get to talk to her about it either, too many people around her during the break.

Post imported post

ISMOID wrote:
    I didn't like the NRA-ILA speaker, Susanne Anglewicz, stating that if you OC you will be hassled people will freak out over it.
    Maybe send a short and polite letter to the Chris Cox, the ILA Exec. Dir. and ask him top look into the anti-OC prejudice of his ILA speaker team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast