• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun rights event at Cabelas on Sat. Aug.29th, 2009 in Dundee, MI

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

also, is MOC part of the "Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners"?

--

http://www.cabelas.com/retail-2/--cabelas--en--content--community--aboutus--retail--retail_stores--dundee--dundee.html.shtml

Click link to find:

--

arrows1.gif
Sat., Aug. 29, Gun Ownership presented by Michigan Gun Owners Association, The NRA and Cabela's [/url]

Gun Ownership presented by Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners, The NRA and Cabela's
National and Local Experts will give presentations on gun ownership and Your 2nd Amendment Rights.
  • 8:45-9:00 a.m.: Opening remarks by Suzanne Anglewicz-NRA Manager of Legislative Actives
  • 4 Repeating Presentations at:
    • 9:00 a.m.
    • 10:00 a.m.
    • 11:00 a.m.
    • 12:00 p.m.
    Suzanne Anglewicz-NRA, Bryan Patrick- Associate Professor Toledo University, David Coy-NRA Board of Directors, David Felback-Past President MGRO
  • 4 Repeating Presentations at:
    • 2:00 p.m.
    • 3:00 p.m.
    • 4:00 p.m.
    • 5:00 p.m.
    Steve Dulan-Firearms Law Professor, Skip Coryell-Founder of 2nd Amendment March, Author of Six Books, James Irvine-Director of Buckeye Firearms Association, William Nichols- Prosecutor of Monroe County Michigan
Location: Whitetail, Moose, Mallard and Grouse Classrooms Located on the 2nd Floor.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
also, is MOC part of the "Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners"?]

MCRGO is its own organization, and the largest 2A organization in Michigan. There are three main orgs: Michigan Open Carry, MCRGO, and Michigan Gun Owners.

We have a tepid relationship with MGO, and almost no interaction with MCRGO, as far as I know.

I just heard about this Cabela's event today. I don't think we're involved in it at all, though it would be nice.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Just a thought to let members know fo the event and for MOC to think about joining; BTW, Cabela's corp policy ios pro-OC so hopefully the MI stores got the word :)

Michigander

imported post

I'll unfortunately be in the Cadillac area, but other MOC members should go. I can't imagine MCRGO being offended by open carry brochures getting passed out, and I highly doubt Cabelas would be. Probably a good idea to contact them though.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ISMOID wrote:
I have my twins birthday party at 3pm, but I will try and be there in the morning. Gee, my "Did you know" or my 2A March shirt?
Skip Coryell of the 2A March is a speaker there so that's covered, the did you know one please!

Scooter

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Scooter wrote:
My wifes' due date is that day.....hmmmm.......we'll see....

take her if she goes into labor maybe there will be a doctor. Only pulling your leg I might be there also.
Wife had the baby this morning, everything went good! I THINK I might be busy the rest of the week now.....;)

PDinDetroit

imported post

ISMOID wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Wife had the baby this morning, everything went good! I THINK I might be busy the rest of the week now.....;)
Congrats and busy the rest of the week? HAHAHA It never ends!
Life, as you know it, is over!

I think I am starting to get mine back as my "baby" is now 16.

Scooter

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
ISMOID wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Congrats and busy the rest of the week? HAHAHA It never ends!
Life, as you know it, is over!

I think I am starting to get mine back as my "baby" is now 16.
LOL! This is baby #6 for us!:what:

Scooter

imported post

InspectorGadget wrote:
Scooter wrote:
LOL! This is baby #6 for us!:what:
Sounds like we need to get Scooter some training on how to avoid these negligent discharges... ;)
No,....it's all on purpose, which is why I usually walk around with a smirk on my face!:cool:

Venator

imported post

Hey Skip Coryell the founder of the 2A March is asking for some help at this event. He needs some help from 2:00 PM-to 6:00PM. You would be handing out info, answering questions on the March, Helping Skip sell merchandise, helping to load up and take down, etc...

Not hard and most any of you guys can handle it. You would get to mingle with the "Big shots" of the firearm rights groups and learn what is happening in our fight for freedom. You might even get a free autographed copy of Skip's book "Blood in the Street".

I need to know ASAP if anyone can help out.

Venator

imported post

DanM wrote:
Venator wrote:
I need to know ASAP if anyone can help out.
I'll check with my ol' lady to see if there's a schedule conflict for me that day. If not, I can help. I'll PM you later . . .
Great I hope you can make it, you would be perfect and not just because so far you are the only one that volunteered;)