Thread: has anyone used conceal-carry.net?

Post imported post

i heard that the law changed on july the 1st and i was wondering if this site is legit...

Post imported post

if that is the one that bob's gun shop in norfolk promotes, yes it is legit. a buddy of mine took that class and got his permit. He had no time for a class and shoots quite often anyway.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

thanks Grapeshot!

Post imported post

My wife used it to get her permit. If you are proficient with a firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    My wife used it to get her permit. If you are proficient with a firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501
    What does proficiency have to do with it?

It's all about having permission to exercise a right.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:

Yata hey
    I agree Grapshot. But in a perfect world children would be taught handling and safety of firearms by their family as they were growing up.

Someone who has never handled a firearm should have some hands on instruction. whether from a friend, family member, or instructor for safety.
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:

Yata hey
    I agree Grapshot. But in a perfect world children would be taught handling and safety of firearms by their family as they were growing up.

Someone who has never handled a firearm should have some hands on instruction. whether from a friend, family member, or instructor for safety.
    I understand you full well. Capability, ability and training in manual of arms are all desirable. They are not required though for a CHP (nor do I think they should be) and that is the suggestion that appears to be made with "If you are proficient".

Yata hey

Post imported post

Are we going to have this same, old, tired argument yet again, where we all really agree on the underlying principles, but we have to beat our chests over semantics and see who can win the ******* contest?

It really gets old after the 476th time, especially since we've all seen that it never advances the discussion.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    My wife used it to get her permit. If you arecomfortable with handlinga firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501

Yata hey

I understand you full well. Capability, ability and training in manual of arms are all desirable. They are not required though for a CHP (nor do I think they should be) and that is the suggestion that appears to be made with "If you are proficient".

Yata hey
    Grapeshot Iagree. Probably shouldn't answer when tired. This is closer to what I intended it to mean.

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Grapeshot Iagree. Probably shouldn't answer when tired. This is closer to what I intended it to mean.
    Never thought differently.

Yata hey

Post imported post

In a reasonable world, ALL schools would be required to teach children certain life skills at age-appropriate times to ensure their safety. These would include

1. Basic first aid

2. Fire and electrical safety

3. Water safety and basic swimming instruction

4. Basic sex education/STD education

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

All these can be taught without any political/moral bias, and should be presented as the public's obligation to keep our young ones safe, with the hopes they will stay safe as adults.

Liberals will need to be taught that little Johnnie is no more likely to become a gun-wielding thug if taught about basic firearm safety than he is to become an Olympic swimmer just because he is taught to stay alive if he falls in a lake.

Liberal illogic would be the biggest stumbling block to providing a full range of education to our children. Sad but true.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    In a reasonable world, ALL schools would be required to teach children certain life skills at age-appropriate times to ensure their safety. These would include

1. Basic first aid

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

All these can be taught without any political/moral bias, and should be presented as the public's obligation to keep our young ones safe, with the hopes they will stay safe as adults.

Liberals will need to be taught that little Johnnie is no more likely to become a gun-wielding thug if taught about basic firearm safety than he is to become an Olympic swimmer just because he is taught to stay alive if he falls in a lake.

Liberal illogic would be the biggest stumbling block to providing a full range of education to our children. Sad but true.
    I agree with your list, Dutch, but perhaps a more appropriate analogy would be that little Johnnie is no more likely to become an arsonist if taught about fire and electrical safety, or to become a rapist because he learned about sex ed/STDs.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:

1. Basic first aid

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

Very well-put, Dutch. I wish my children had been taught this in school. If you involve your children in Scouting, they CAN get the training listed above without any political/moral bias. All these subjects (except sex ED and STD's) are taught to scouts before puberty.

Sorry this is OT.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Can't depend on schools to give them the education they will need to grow up as responsible, moral adults. That is where we as parents must step up and do the job.

It has been my decided conclusion that the children (many of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting) of fellow posters here, are being well educated in the values and skills that will enable them to be responsible adults.

Thank you all for caring enough to give them the very best. They are indeed our future, our legacy.

Back on thread - No I do not know anyone that has utilized on-line training but I have no problem with it for meeting minimum required standards. It is legal by state code. It provides a beginning to a life long journey for some and that is good.

Yata hey