• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

has anyone used conceal-carry.net?

pyite

imported post

if that is the one that bob's gun shop in norfolk promotes, yes it is legit. a buddy of mine took that class and got his permit. He had no time for a class and shoots quite often anyway.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
My wife used it to get her permit. If you are proficient with a firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501
What does proficiency have to do with it?

It's all about having permission to exercise a right.

Yata hey

I agree Grapshot. But in a perfect world children would be taught handling and safety of firearms by their family as they were growing up.

Someone who has never handled a firearm should have some hands on instruction. whether from a friend, family member, or instructor for safety.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
My wife used it to get her permit. If you are proficient with a firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501

Yata hey
I agree Grapshot. But in a perfect world children would be taught handling and safety of firearms by their family as they were growing up.

Someone who has never handled a firearm should have some hands on instruction. whether from a friend, family member, or instructor for safety.
I understand you full well. Capability, ability and training in manual of arms are all desirable. They are not required though for a CHP (nor do I think they should be) and that is the suggestion that appears to be made with "If you are proficient".

Yata hey

TexasNative

imported post

Are we going to have this same, old, tired argument yet again, where we all really agree on the underlying principles, but we have to beat our chests over semantics and see who can win the pissing contest?

It really gets old after the 476th time, especially since we've all seen that it never advances the discussion.

~ Boyd

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
My wife used it to get her permit. If you arecomfortable with handlinga firearm it'sgood to go. http://www.concealed-carry.net/HIL23501

Yata hey

I understand you full well. Capability, ability and training in manual of arms are all desirable. They are not required though for a CHP (nor do I think they should be) and that is the suggestion that appears to be made with "If you are proficient".

Yata hey
Grapeshot Iagree. Probably shouldn't answer when tired. This is closer to what I intended it to mean.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
Grapeshot Iagree. Probably shouldn't answer when tired. This is closer to what I intended it to mean.
Never thought differently. :)

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In a reasonable world, ALL schools would be required to teach children certain life skills at age-appropriate times to ensure their safety. These would include

1. Basic first aid

2. Fire and electrical safety

3. Water safety and basic swimming instruction

4. Basic sex education/STD education

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

All these can be taught without any political/moral bias, and should be presented as the public's obligation to keep our young ones safe, with the hopes they will stay safe as adults.

Liberals will need to be taught that little Johnnie is no more likely to become a gun-wielding thug if taught about basic firearm safety than he is to become an Olympic swimmer just because he is taught to stay alive if he falls in a lake.

Liberal illogic would be the biggest stumbling block to providing a full range of education to our children. Sad but true.

2a4all

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
In a reasonable world, ALL schools would be required to teach children certain life skills at age-appropriate times to ensure their safety. These would include

1. Basic first aid

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

All these can be taught without any political/moral bias, and should be presented as the public's obligation to keep our young ones safe, with the hopes they will stay safe as adults.

Liberals will need to be taught that little Johnnie is no more likely to become a gun-wielding thug if taught about basic firearm safety than he is to become an Olympic swimmer just because he is taught to stay alive if he falls in a lake.

Liberal illogic would be the biggest stumbling block to providing a full range of education to our children. Sad but true.
I agree with your list, Dutch, but perhaps a more appropriate analogy would be that little Johnnie is no more likely to become an arsonist if taught about fire and electrical safety, or to become a rapist because he learned about sex ed/STDs.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:

1. Basic first aid

5. Basic firearm safety

6. Poison control

Very well-put, Dutch. I wish my children had been taught this in school. If you involve your children in Scouting, they CAN get the training listed above without any political/moral bias. All these subjects (except sex ED and STD's) are taught to scouts before puberty.

Sorry this is OT.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Can't depend on schools to give them the education they will need to grow up as responsible, moral adults. That is where we as parents must step up and do the job.

It has been my decided conclusion that the children (many of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting) of fellow posters here, are being well educated in the values and skills that will enable them to be responsible adults.

Thank you all for caring enough to give them the very best. They are indeed our future, our legacy.

Back on thread - No I do not know anyone that has utilized on-line training but I have no problem with it for meeting minimum required standards. It is legal by state code. It provides a beginning to a life long journey for some and that is good.

Yata hey