• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UTAH Training in VA?

Darroll

imported post

OK, I hope this isn't a stupid question but what exactly is Utah training? My WAG is something along the lines of training that would qualify one for a CCP in Utah, but in the world of acronyms it may not be.

What are the benefits for such training and where can one go to get this?

- D

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Darroll wrote:
OK, I hope this isn't a stupid question but what exactly is Utah training? My WAG is something along the lines of training that would qualify one for a CCP in Utah, but in the world of acronyms it may not be.

What are the benefits for such training and where can one go to get this?

- D

Your WAG is not far off.

Utah training refers to a Utah non-resident concealed firearm permit. Utah's permit is a widely accepted permit in many states because of the way that their program is run. Currently, as a Virginia resident you can carry in 26 states. A Utah non-resident permit adds 6 more states onto that, most notably Georgia and Alabama among others. I justtaught a Utah permit class today in Marriottsville, Md and next week I'll be teaching it in Providence, RI. It is that popular of a permit to obtain. :)

We do a month Utah permit class here in Richmond at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland. You can find our schedule at www.ProactiveShooters.com

Jim