• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia law vs every where else

ScottNH

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
In Virginia you can open carry in a vehicle without a permit. Kind of a bummer that you absolutely need a permit to carry in a vehicle in New Hampshire, even if it is OC.

What's the point of the Yabba Dabba Doo on the end of your post, ScottNH?

You're right about the license requirement to carry (loaded) in a vehicle. I'm not sure if it's a hold-over from anti-poaching regs or what, but it certainly stands out asa strange anomaly. It's one of the few potential "gotcha's" that can trap the unwary.

It's an old Indian saying meaning, "I'm very happy."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ScottNH wrote:
OP question was:" Who has better laws reguarding OC or even CC than we in VA?" Resident license costs and processing time directly speak to the question, but how could non-resident costs or processing time possibly figure into it?

Sorry about the profile gaff. Here I thought the "NH" of my user name was a give-away. Too subtle. Corrected.

Yabba Dabba Doo
Gee whiz, golly, my mistake.

Here all along I thought that non-resident licenses, the cost and time thereof as well as the particulars of CC and OC were part of the laws there and might be of interest to other posters.

Did not realize that we were being restricted to only our home state and not ones to which we might travel.

Sure glad you set me straight. :shock:

Nah, reread the OP and I'll stand by all of my previous comments. :D

Yata hey

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
I think Pennsylvania rivals Virginia. A lot of the laws are similar, but I think PA might be in front of VA by a nose; as far as the laws themselves.
Problem is, PA does not have full pre-emption because of Philly. The rules are different there which makes me hesitant to OC anywhere in SE PA, say further east than Lancaster because I don't know where the line for the unfree zone is.

These days, now that I have a VA license it is less of an issue but I still worry about Philly.

Pa is pretty good though. I can eat in a good restaurant either OC or CC.