• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Side Pawn

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I entered the pawn shop located in West Valley City Utah to look at their inventory.
As I was shopping one of the men behind the counter noticed my firearm.

He told me it was company policy for customers to have a concealed or open carried firearm in their store.
I complied with their store policy and left the store.

I called the Manager/Owner who stated that firearm carried by customers are not allowed in the store.
The manager was very abrupt when talking about firearms.

Seems like they don't trust the customer therfore does not deserve my money.
As it stands I will not be a customer until the policy changes. I will shop at other pawnshops who support the RTKBA.

West Side Pawn Shop Both Locations

West Valley City
1635 West 3500 South
(801) 972-2401

Salt Lake City
2611 South State Street
(801) 484-1331
Email Inquiries@westsidepawnonline.com

Bennelli

imported post

This is the time to give your 2 cents:celebrateI told them :cuss:Not really, I just told them I will not shop there until they allow me to RKAB in their store. :banghead:

Utah_Patriot

imported post

So just a update to this situation:

The pawn shop felt that by me posting about them and calling to inform them I would not be giving them my business both store's a total of four calls. They notified my employer that I was harassing them they found out were worked based on my email. I was called into my LT's office to explain my side of the story.

They took it a step further and called South Salt Lake City Police department to notify them that I was harassing them. Their were no laws broken and no charges filled. The police were used by the pawn shop to intimidate me into stop telling people of my experience.

The pawn shop is upset that their policy came back to bite them. The tactics used by this pawn shop were just dirty politics. Just think if you were a customer and had a problem.

The police department stated by posting about them I was endangering their business and subject to criminal charges. I felt the officer was trying to use her powers to threaten and co hearse me to stop.

Thanks

Zachary

Hef

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:

The pawn shop felt that by me posting about them and calling to inform them I would not be giving them my business both store's a total of four calls. They notified my employer that I was harassing them they found out were worked based on my email. I was called into my LT's office to explain my side of the story.

They took it a step further and called South Salt Lake City Police department to notify them that I was harassing them. Their were no laws broken and no charges filled. The police were used by the pawn shop to intimidate me into stop telling people of my experience.

The pawn shop is upset that their policy came back to bite them. The tactics used by this pawn shop were just dirty politics. Just think if you were a customer and had a problem.

The police department stated by posting about them I was endangering their business and subject to criminal charges. I felt the officer was trying to use her powers to threaten and co hearse me to stop.

Thanks

Zachary

In that case, delete your posts, and you won't be "harassing" them. I'll just post up your experiences instead. I wouldn't be violating any law and I'm a little far out of reach for them.

Hef

imported post

A man in Utah stated on August 22nd, 2009....

I entered the pawn shop located in West Valley City Utah to look at their inventory. As I was shopping one of the men behind the counter noticed my firearm. He told me it was company policy for customers to have a concealed or open carried firearm in their store. I complied with their store policy and left the store. I called the Manager/Owner who stated that firearm carried by customers are not allowed in the store. The manager was very abrupt when talking about firearms. Seems like they don't trust the customer therfore does not deserve my money. As it stands I will not be a customer until the policy changes. I will shop at other pawnshops who support the RTKBA.

West Side Pawn Shop Both Locations
West Valley City
1635 West 3500 South
(801) 972-2401

Salt Lake City
2611 South State Street
(801) 484-1331
Email Inquiries@westsidepawnonline.com

I'm sure there are better businesses to deal with than these guys. Here's the list of Salt Lake City pawn shops:

3-G Pawn
(801) 322-4100 645 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT

Cash America Pawn
(801) 322-3841 789 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Cottonwood Pawn Llc
(801) 942-7296 1879 Fort Union Blvd
Salt Lake City, UT

Crown Jewelers & Pawn
(801) 467-1115 150 E 3300 S
Salt Lake City, UT

First Cash Pawn
(801) 461-0279 3130 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Gold-N-Pawn
(801) 268-4335 5466 Zions Cir
Salt Lake City, UT

Hy & Mike's Pawn
(801) 972-4385 505 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City, UT

Hy & Mike's Pawn
(801) 967-6669 3526 S 1950 W
Salt Lake City, UT

Hy & Mike's Pawn-West
(801) 967-6669 2899 W 3500 S
Salt Lake City, UT

Hy & Mikes Million Dollar Pawn
(801) 887-7296 3526 S 1950 W
Salt Lake City, UT

Midtown Pawn
(801) 322-3084 1083 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Mr Pawn
(801) 487-1522 1522 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Murray Pawn Shop & Jewelry
(801) 484-1331 2611 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Pappy's Pawns
(801) 466-9595 1480 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Pawn Broker Exchange
(801) 238-0111 158 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Premier Pawn
(801) 261-4677 3721 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

Witzel's Pawn
(801) 466-0646 1760 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT

thx997303

imported post

Why? No criminal charges can be filed for a citizen truthfully reporting an experience with a store.

There are no laws against "endangering" their business, and nothing I have seen could be considered harassment, and far from slander.

The officer should have said it was a civil matter and left it alone IMO.

Hef

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Why? No criminal charges can be filed for a citizen truthfully reporting an experience with a store.

There are no laws against "endangering" their business, and nothing I have seen could be considered harassment, and far from slander.

Exactly. It's only slander if it's not true, and it's certainly not harassment.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:

Thanks

Zachary

That's totally unfair and cowardly to boot on the pawn shop's part.

Welcome to the real world of people who don't like what you may write, even if it's true! But that's what people who have some power do. And if they can track you down with information thaty have, they will use that information against you.

They spit on the concept of free speech. West Side Pawn, you guys are cowards.

And bullies.

b1ack5mith

imported post

thx997303 wrote:

1st amendment: freedom of speech! :D they cant do sh**! :D i love everyone on here hahaha (except those good ol' troll libbies)