• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC ban legality question

Oscarr

imported post

http://www.louisianaboardwalk.com/ - The homepage of the LA Boardwalk. Basically a collection of over-priced clothing stores, knick-knacks (or is it nick-nacks?), icecream, burgers, and a movie theater, oh and a timed-waterfountain. Bass Pro Shops is off to the side of it, has it's own road and parking lot, but it's still listed as being part of the board walk on the site. Dunno if that is publicity stunt/advertising or if they're LEGALLY part of the boardwalk.

When you park there, you park in a parking garage, there's 3 exits out of it, 99.99% of the time I go there, it is to go to the movies. So I don't go through the 'main' entrance/exit of the parking garage, there's 2 side path/doorway exits that put you like 20paces from the theater entrance. The theater itself is a Regal Cinema, their company policy is no Open Carrying. There is NO sign of any type posted near either of these side entrance/exits.

However, a few weeks back my parents came into town to visit, and I decided to take them their and we'd browse the shops. Went to the main entrance and low and behold a see a sign posted in bright red letters on white background, it says the following: http://www.louisianaboardwalk.com/codeofconduct.htm - pay special attention to #12

No firearms of any type, concealed or otherwise, unless you're a cop. Now, I wanna know if this is legal? Is it private property (not inside the stores mind you, outside on the sidewalks)? And if it is, why are my tax dollars going to cops that have a PERMANENT mini-outpost there (complete with multiple cop cars and cop-segways). What makes them so special? Why don't the cops sit outside my house 24/7 guarding me?

There seems to be a lot of bleedover between this place being privately managed and POSSIBLY public funded - certainly pushed real big by the city. How would I go about finding the legalities of the #12 rule out?

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Found this: http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_j6r2w0

Louisiana Riverwalk, L L C Business Information
Isthisyourcompany?
Louisiana Riverwalk, L L C is a private company categorized under Real estate leasing and rentals and located in Bossier City, LA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $350,000 and employs a staff of approximately 8.

KBCraig

imported post

I have CC'd there, and I have witnessed a local off-duty LEO CC'ing as well.

I don't spend my money there because of their policy, and also because it is, as you say, a collection of horribly over-priced stores.

To the best of my knowledge, while Louisiana Riverwalk LLC is a private company, the Boardwalk was a joint project of the company, and Bossier City. I believe the land is leased from the city.

I don't know the subtleties of Louisiana law well enough to address how that might change things, though.

Oscarr

imported post

KBCraig: Thanks for the info. Ya I don't know either how it'd workout if they're leasing from the state - does that make it count as private property while they're leasing it? (I'd unfortunately assume yes). Maybe the sign pertains only to the stores in the boardwalk area?

Either way, just one more reason NOT to buy stuff there.