Thread: Question from Michigan about Toledo area..

Post imported post

Hey folks!

I had heard that the Toledo area has/had a law about no more than a 10 round mag in your handgun. Is this true? If I have a 12 round but only 10 in it, am I then OK?

I attend church in Ohio and was just wondering since I may find myself "in the city" sometime and I don't want to get smacked for something silly.

Thanks for your time!

Post imported post

Ohio now has statewide preemption with respect tofirearm matters, ORC 9.68.

Toledo's ordinance, if it's still on the books, is preempted. That might not stop them from threatening to use it, but as I said, preemption is the law of Ohio now.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Carrying concealed in a house of worship is a no-no without approval of the church authorities, however. Such a place is off-limits statutorily.

There is no such restriction on open carry in a house of worship, so you might be subject to the trespass laws if you are asked to leave and don't.

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    Ohio now has statewide preemption with respect tofirearm matters, ORC 9.68.

Toledo's ordinance, if it's still on the books, is preempted. That might not stop them from threatening to use it, but as I said, preemption is the law of Ohio now.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Carrying concealed in a house of worship is a no-no without approval of the church authorities, however. Such a place is off-limits statutorily.

There is no such restriction on open carry in a house of worship, so you might be subject to the trespass laws if you are asked to leave and don't.
    Thanks for the great info! As for the house of worship; no problem, our pastor gives permission to conceal carry.

Thanks again for the time and info.