• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question from Michigan about Toledo area..

Scooter

imported post

Hey folks!

I had heard that the Toledo area has/had a law about no more than a 10 round mag in your handgun. Is this true? If I have a 12 round but only 10 in it, am I then OK?

I attend church in Ohio and was just wondering since I may find myself "in the city" sometime and I don't want to get smacked for something silly.

Thanks for your time!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ohio now has statewide preemption with respect tofirearm matters, ORC 9.68.

Toledo's ordinance, if it's still on the books, is preempted. That might not stop them from threatening to use it, but as I said, preemption is the law of Ohio now.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Carrying concealed in a house of worship is a no-no without approval of the church authorities, however. Such a place is off-limits statutorily.

There is no such restriction on open carry in a house of worship, so you might be subject to the trespass laws if you are asked to leave and don't.

Scooter

imported post

BB62 wrote:
Ohio now has statewide preemption with respect tofirearm matters, ORC 9.68.

Toledo's ordinance, if it's still on the books, is preempted. That might not stop them from threatening to use it, but as I said, preemption is the law of Ohio now.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Carrying concealed in a house of worship is a no-no without approval of the church authorities, however. Such a place is off-limits statutorily.

There is no such restriction on open carry in a house of worship, so you might be subject to the trespass laws if you are asked to leave and don't.

Thanks for the great info! As for the house of worship; no problem, our pastor gives permission to conceal carry.

Thanks again for the time and info.