• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bay area UOC the second

when?

• aug 29th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • aug 30th

• sept 5th

• sept 6th

• sept 12th

• sept 13th

• sept 19th

• sept 20th

• sept 26th

• sept 27th

• Total voters

boichoi

imported post

My wife just a co. picnic and they had to get a permit, it was in Santa Clara. Might want to check on that I'm sure there are some questions that will be asked.

boichoi

imported post

I just checked with the wife, the permit was to use the barbq and to consume alchol. I am not clear on whether it is ok to uoc in municipal/county/state parks. Will leave that up to someone who knows and can explain. Thanks

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Some places ask you to reserve the BBQ pits or the ramada for events. I've seen groups accused of "stealing the electricity under the ramada" because they hadn't "cleared it with the city". May need more looking into.

TatankaGap

imported post

There's a huge free concert and event in SF on Sat Sept 12 - Power to the Peaceful - it's put on by a few friends of mine - http://powertothepeaceful.org/ - so I voted for Sunday Sept 13 -

If anyone wanted to hand out flyers to a crowd, there will be about 50,000 people in Golden Gate Park on Saturday Sept 12 - while it's not what I would consider a 'pro-gun-rights' crowd, it is a pro-freedom of expression crowd - it would be an ideal place to find people who could be pulled away from the antis -

If there are flyers for the event, they could be passed out at the Sept 12 event - just food for thought -

Lemme know when the schedule is finalized -

carry on!

PS - if anyone wants to see pics from our low key open carry event in Buffalo Gap, check out: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum49/30146.html :dude:

boichoi

imported post

Sounds good to me. Once its definite I'll let the guys in the car club know. I assume the park is clear of schools. Let me know what to bring. I just got my serpa level 2 holster in the mail so i am good to go.

brad9point0

imported post

As long as its on a Saturday im there! I can bring burgers? dogs? what ever is needed! =)

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Cool, sounds good. I'll try to come on time and bring something to share (although it may contain tofu since I don't eat meat).

boichoi

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
boichoi wrote:
Sounds good to me. Once its definite I'll let the guys in the car club know. I assume the park is clear of schools. Let me know what to bring. I just got my serpa level 2 holster in the mail so i am good to go.

what car club? yeh, this park is clear of schools, looks like about 2k ft. ill be making a map of school zones to look for while aproaching the meet point.

does anyone have a table and/or a mini webber? i have 4 chairs i can bring, and ill bring chicken, paper toweles, paper plates, and plastic ware.
I belong to a corvette club. Several of the members expressed an interest in what was going on, in fact one of them posted the newspaper article from San Diego which is how I found out about the uoc movement.