• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

had to remove holster

45-ACP

imported post

I was in Hickory friday and had to go to the court house, I removed my weapon and locked it on the truck, good to go rite? WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

When i went through the metal detectorI had to remove my belt and naturally my holster" black hawk serpa" any way the deputy saw it on the desk and very nervously asked me 2 times where the gun was?

I told him both times that it was locked in the car.

He then told me to take the holster to thetruck also because" some one may see it and think it was a gun "

So i guess now days there, your in possession of a weapon even with an empty holster lol.

Whats really sad is if the deputy was distracted like he was with me any one could just walk around the metel detector and him just by walking around to the left side of the room. hopefully they will fix that issue some day

thompsongunner06

imported post

No need to have a empty holster on your side,,,kinda like taking an empty Glock mag in to a court house. Why bring attention to yourself? I know you just wanted to make a big deal out of it. If so you could have told him your ride dropped you off and you have no car to put it in,,,he prob would have told you to cover it or put it on a pocket(if you wanted to "try" the police). Sure there is no law against a empty holster so next time push it or leave it in the car with the gun. There is no law against pens(stabing object) or a comb( NASTY cutting object). You can also have a brick,,no signs about them(yet).:banghead:

45-ACP

imported post

In the first place I have no desire to lie to any one . In the second place I dont feel

the need to draw attention to my self also i had my shirt pulled over the empty

holster and didnt know i was going to have to remove my belt, I belive if i had kept

the holster and tried to go thru the metal detector im sure there would have been a

problem , just from his reaction of an empty holster being placed into the tray.

As for why i didnt leave the holster with the weapon whats the point in removing

the belt out side when i didnt know i was going to have to remove it inside

chiefjason

imported post

Doesn't surprise me too much. I have family in the PD and they are quite misinformed on OC at least. Rumor has it that some of them have been harassing CC'rs as well. I got a lot of attention with an empty OC holster in the bank the other day. Even though OC in a bank is legal. I have not had any real problems carrying around Hickory. But have not had to deal with LEO yet either. Unfortunate to say the least.