Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why a Gun Will Never Help You

Post imported post

A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all arenuts.

Post imported post

Haha, um ok. I think we'd all agree with you. I tend to use other tools to solve problems (i.e. mowing the grass, doing taxes, washing the car, etc).

The only thing a gun can do is kill and the only reason I need it is to kill and the only time I would need that done is if my life or my family's life is in eminent danger. A gun is quite the uni-tasker.

That and they're fun to shoot at the range--you should try it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all areĀ*nuts.
    Thanks for your opinion. Once you pull your head out of your ass, it'd be great to have a conversation with you.

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all arenuts.
    True, gun rights are not for everyone. They ARE for everyone that wants to protect their rights. Perhaps you need to find a nice calm funeral planning forum...

Post imported post

maybe you're not into guns, but one thing is for sure you have absolutely no manners, you're insulting, and have no respect for our beliefs or our god given right to self-defense. No I dont think I agree with your opinion.

I'll take my bullets over your prayers anyday. since thats about the only thing you'd be able to do when your kneeling at some sadistic criminals knees and didnt think a gun would help.

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    You got one thing correct.... "a gun will not solve most problems" that is why folks here, use other means to DE-escalate situations - and pray that we NEVER need to unholster that weapon and use it.

I'd be interested in watching you engage - unarmed - an armed criminal whose intent is to harm you - with your astute intellect and engaging wit.

Oops, don't have to watch... just need to turn on the news most nights.

Post imported post

Hey TROLL at least have the decency to make more than one post. You got no guts kid. What is it with all these one stop drivebys?

Post imported post

I have been trying to convince my local police department of this fact but they say am nuts.:P

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    VERY TRUE!! A gun wouldn't have solved any of the problems I encountered today

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    Nobody had to tell us... we figured out this self defense thing all by ourselves. Guns don't solve problems... they mostly prevent them. As for 'causing problems'... guns are mindless objects. It's 'people' misusing guns that cause problems. They call these kind'a people 'criminals'. You might'a heard about them somewhere. You're ignorant of reality,but we're the ones who're'nuts'? Actually... you're to be pitied.

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    Notintoguns, what do you think about this recent case of solving a problem?

Man Fatally Shoots Armed Intruder, CPD Says

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/29360.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I wonder how the OPheard of us.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I see we all fell for the SH** HEAD'S ruse! If I had his home address I would feel compelled to follow him around just to look out for his well being. I wonder if he'll post it for me?

A condom would have solved his mothers problems though. Period.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Probably one of stylez students..

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Ha. Was thinking something similar to this when I read the post. Was also thinking maybe we'll see more "moles" on this site who come in to post very bad things that "mysteriously" get quoted in news stories from now on to make us look bad.

Am I too paranoid or just very aware of how the media works nowadays? hmmm...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Milbars wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Ha. Was thinking something similar to this when I read the post. Was also thinking maybe we'll see more "moles" on this site who come in to post very bad things that "mysteriously" get quoted in news stories from now on to make us look bad.

Am I too paranoid or just very aware of how the media works nowadays? hmmm...
    We can justdisavow it. And cite the poster's low post count.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Most problems cannot be solved with a lawnmower, a ratchet set, a hacksaw, a pocketknife, a torque wrench, etc. but when you do encounter a problem that can be most effectively solved with a specialized tool it certainly makes life happier if you have it handy.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

The logic behind the OP's three sentences and one sentence fragment sure are persuasive... He makes valid points based on facts, statistical data and downright truth. Period.

Reading his post has really enlightened me, and now I realize the grievous err in our judgment. We ARE all nuts, and guns DON'T really solve anything. Thank you, notintoguns - your coherent, well thought out post has changed my life, and undoubtedly countless others on this forum. May God bless you and your incredibly huge ego.

Post imported post

Hi notintoguns! I'm notinomorons! Really well thought out first post too!

Post imported post

If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.

Post imported post

I would tell you "No" and then fart in your general direction. That hypothetical situation is completely stupid. If you want to play the intellectual then you will need to try a little harder.

Post imported post

Just another troll.

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.
    If you are unarmed, how are you gonna mug someone? You need to go back to criminal school.

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    If you had no gun how would you perpetrate your crime? Would you have any kind of weapon? I don't carry a side arm just to murder people if you are thinking that. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from others that intend to harm them. A man has to assess each situation on its own. A flat question like yours cannot be answered like that. If you have some kind of weapon and display it in a manner thatI percieve as only desperate for money, I'd probably give you my wallet. But, on the other hand, if I feel a greater threat from you and think that my life is in danger...I'd drop you like a used rubber! One round right in the noggin'! No question!

Post imported post

notintoguns wrote:
    By the way, what would you do?

What if I'm the bad guy and I'm assulting your mother or wife or daughter? Are you going to plead with me to stop. What if I hold you down and grease up your butt for my bad guy buddies? Are you gonna' plead with them too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast