• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why a Gun Will Never Help You

notintoguns

imported post

A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all arenuts.

langzaiguy

imported post

Haha, um ok. I think we'd all agree with you. I tend to use other tools to solve problems (i.e. mowing the grass, doing taxes, washing the car, etc).

The only thing a gun can do is kill and the only reason I need it is to kill and the only time I would need that done is if my life or my family's life is in eminent danger. A gun is quite the uni-tasker.

That and they're fun to shoot at the range--you should try it.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

notintoguns wrote:
A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all are nuts.

Thanks for your opinion. Once you pull your head out of your ass, it'd be great to have a conversation with you.

rj3663

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all arenuts.
True, gun rights are not for everyone. They ARE for everyone that wants to protect their rights. Perhaps you need to find a nice calm funeral planning forum...

MirkoCrocop

imported post

maybe you're not into guns, but one thing is for sure you have absolutely no manners, you're insulting, and have no respect for our beliefs or our god given right to self-defense. No I dont think I agree with your opinion.

I'll take my bullets over your prayers anyday. since thats about the only thing you'd be able to do when your kneeling at some sadistic criminals knees and didnt think a gun would help.

jadedone4

imported post

notintoguns wrote:

You got one thing correct.... "a gun will not solve most problems" that is why folks here, use other means to DE-escalate situations - and pray that we NEVER need to unholster that weapon and use it.

I'd be interested in watching you engage - unarmed - an armed criminal whose intent is to harm you - with your astute intellect and engaging wit.

Oops, don't have to watch... just need to turn on the news most nights.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
Nobody had to tell us... we figured out this self defense thing all by ourselves. Guns don't solve problems... they mostly prevent them. As for 'causing problems'... guns are mindless objects. It's 'people' misusing guns that cause problems. They call these kind'a people 'criminals'. You might'a heard about them somewhere. You're ignorant of reality,but we're the ones who're'nuts'? Actually... you're to be pitied.

rj3663

imported post

I see we all fell for the SH** HEAD'S ruse! If I had his home address I would feel compelled to follow him around just to look out for his well being. I wonder if he'll post it for me?

A condom would have solved his mothers problems though. Period.

Milbars

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I wonder how the OPheard of us.

Ha. Was thinking something similar to this when I read the post. Was also thinking maybe we'll see more "moles" on this site who come in to post very bad things that "mysteriously" get quoted in news stories from now on to make us look bad.

Am I too paranoid or just very aware of how the media works nowadays? hmmm...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Milbars wrote:
Citizen wrote:
I wonder how the OPheard of us.

Ha. Was thinking something similar to this when I read the post. Was also thinking maybe we'll see more "moles" on this site who come in to post very bad things that "mysteriously" get quoted in news stories from now on to make us look bad.

Am I too paranoid or just very aware of how the media works nowadays? hmmm...
We can justdisavow it. And cite the poster's low post count.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most problems cannot be solved with a lawnmower, a ratchet set, a hacksaw, a pocketknife, a torque wrench, etc. but when you do encounter a problem that can be most effectively solved with a specialized tool it certainly makes life happier if you have it handy.

Kenosis

imported post

The logic behind the OP's three sentences and one sentence fragment sure are persuasive... He makes valid points based on facts, statistical data and downright truth. Period.

Reading his post has really enlightened me, and now I realize the grievous err in our judgment. We ARE all nuts, and guns DON'T really solve anything. Thank you, notintoguns - your coherent, well thought out post has changed my life, and undoubtedly countless others on this forum. May God bless you and your incredibly huge ego.

notintoguns

imported post

If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.