• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why a Gun Will Never Help You

FrankC

imported post

I would tell you "No" and then fart in your general direction. That hypothetical situation is completely stupid. If you want to play the intellectual then you will need to try a little harder.

IanB

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.
If you are unarmed, how are you gonna mug someone? You need to go back to criminal school.

rj3663

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.
If you had no gun how would you perpetrate your crime? Would you have any kind of weapon? I don't carry a side arm just to murder people if you are thinking that. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from others that intend to harm them. A man has to assess each situation on its own. A flat question like yours cannot be answered like that. If you have some kind of weapon and display it in a manner thatI percieve as only desperate for money, I'd probably give you my wallet. But, on the other hand, if I feel a greater threat from you and think that my life is in danger...I'd drop you like a used rubber! One round right in the noggin'! No question!

rj3663

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
By the way, what would you do?

What if I'm the bad guy and I'm assulting your mother or wife or daughter? Are you going to plead with me to stop. What if I hold you down and grease up your butt for my bad guy buddies? Are you gonna' plead with them too?

MirkoCrocop

imported post

If you're an unarmed criminal and you try to mug me for my wallet i'd instead politely offer you a knuckle sandwich:celebrate

On a serious note many of us on this board also carry pepper spray for situations such as this where a "bad bad bad criminal" is mugging us. We Only respond with equal force on here and in this situation this "bad bad bad criminal" would get a face full of pepper spray

Statesman

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
1) Guns are not, and were never, meant to solve most problems (i.e. conflicts). State laws reflect this logic in use of deadly force statutes. If a gun owner does not comply with such statutes, they are going to jail.

2) If you were a bad, bad criminal, unarmed, first let's mention that you would be the rare criminal. They always have weapons, or occur in groups. You would only be able to attack someone smaller or weaker than you are, in most cases. In most states, if you threaten someone with serious bodily injury, and a person believes his or her attacker can back up the promise, I would have the right to defend myself with as much force as necessary to repel the other person, up to and including death, if necessary. If you were not able to deliver on your promise to harm me, I would probably just repel by other means. Good people that own guns DO NOT want to kill anyone, but they do want to defend themselves and their families, with as much force as is necessary to do so.

If, on the other hand, you're holding me up with a gun or a knife pointed at me, you have already shown your intent to kill another person. One does not point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at anyone, and expect to live through the experience.

It's called self defense, and you were the initiator of force.

MirkoCrocop

imported post

notintoguns wrote:

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in thisforum is now dumber for havingread it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The OP obviously has no personal experience with assaults or strong arm robbery. "Give me your wallet"? Really?

Well of course... We'll just hand it over.Have a nice day. :)We wouldn't want any uncivilized unpleasantness... would we? Ok... so we know you're a troll. However 'troll'... there are still a few people in this country who've managed to retain some backbone in spite of gummint school wussidom 'n the daily hysterics of the cloistered myopicMSM. A gun will solve some problems.The presence of agun will often prevent most of the problems it might otherwise be required to solve. It is a tool, after all. This is why we carry these tools... 'cause tools like you won't.

Oh... you're trying to rob me (I forgot) Would I shoot you? Yes, I would.You're attempting to commit a felony. Any further questions?

r6-rider

imported post

he must of watched the OC on the news and almost wet himself when he realized people actually are allowed to carry firearms.

crazy i know, how can we possibility allow civilians to protect themselves?!?!?

its ok, as stupid as the libtards are i choose not to fight with them because one day they might actually get robbed, give the guy their wallet, AND get shot anyways. has happened before. probly wont change their mind about carrying theyll probly just try harder to ban guns lol

Dahwg

imported post

notintoguns wrote:

OK I'll bite. Normally it's not a good idea to feed trolls, but let's take this hypothetical logically.

1. You post about a hypothetical UNARMED criminal on a web forum that promotes OPEN CARRY of a firearm.

2. Your hypothetical criminal is either very brave or very stupid to attempt an UNARMED robbery against an obviously armed citizen.

3. Either you think criminals are stupid enough to risk their own lives given this grave disparity of force, or you have not thought this out very carefully.

4. If you have mis-underestimated the criminal you are a fool and are the poster child for future victims of America.

5. If you have not thought out the premise of your question, then you are an unthoughtful illogical fool and once again are the poster child for future victims of America.

I sure hope you're just a misguided kid because I'd hate to thing there are actually adults out there who reason like this.

Kelly Ash

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
If you're unarmed and wanting someones wallet you are a bad, bad, bad criminal. One of the worst criminals Ive heard of. Im sure the other criminals would laugh at you....I know we are.

Legba

imported post

He/she/it is right, of course, in the OP- Neville Chamberlain really showed Hitler. Other than that, I've used guns for door stops, paperweights, getting food... Pretty useless all around, yeah, especially given the unarmed assailant example. Everyone knows an unarmed mugger (wtf?) will just kung-fu you if you brandish a firearm.

-ljp

rob99vmi04

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
Are you really this stupid? Below is Reality! Stop living in World Of Warcraft.

PS the most common comment and individual makes after a violent crime "If only I had a gun!"

[url]http://m.qctimes.com/vmix_7a4d5038-82fc-11de-aa19-001cc4c03286.html[/url]

This is a dash cam video of a shooting on the Centennial Bridge over the Mississippi River in the Quad Cities.

The uniformed officer is from Davenport, IA and is also a guard in our Davenport office.

The bad guy had just knocked out a person with one punch about 15-20 minutes prior to this incident at a
homeless shelter/soup kitchen. A nun at the shelter said that the bad guy was going to kill someone.

Thebad guy weighed in at around 280 and was about 6' 6".

Only one probe from the Taser hit the bad guy. You can see he had an initialreaction to the Taser but quickly fought through it and was onthe officer.

Think about the "what ifs" and prepare yourself for them.

Thankfully an off duty East Moline, IL officer was there to assist and was carrying.

frommycolddeadhands

imported post

Okaaay, so what you're saying is that you believe guns can't be used to solve problems (I agree. I usually use a calculator for such things) and you want to know if we would shoot a fabled 'unarmed mugger' who only wants my wallet.

First of all, I would be very interested to hear how an 'unarmed mugging' supposedly plays out, and how exactly do I know a) that the person is truly unarmed vs simply keeping his weapon out of view and b) in what mind-reader fantasy am I supposed to be absolutely certain that this mugger will leave me alone if I did hand over my wallet?

Decoligny

imported post

frommycolddeadhands wrote:
Okaaay, so what you're saying is that you believe guns can't be used to solve problems (I agree. I usually use a calculator for such things) and you want to know if we would shoot a fabled 'unarmed mugger' who only wants my wallet.

First of all, I would be very interested to hear how an 'unarmed mugging' supposedly plays out, and how exactly do I know a) that the person is truly unarmed vs simply keeping his weapon out of view and b) in what mind-reader fantasy am I supposed to be absolutely certain that this mugger will leave me alone if I did hand over my wallet?
I think that is a question best asked of the IRS. :uhoh: