• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: Arthur Frommer needs to get out more

Basic Guy

imported post

What I find telling about the media and the gun issue is that, in singling out the rifle bearerout of all thearmed protestersin all protests in all the states, Mr. Frommer also singled out the only African-American I saw in any of these protests.

Had this been any other issue he would have been taken to the woodshed for that alone. Funny how the gun issue makes it either OK or at least too uncomfortable for the media to touch.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

One of the more frequented 'tourist' areas in Arizona is Tombstone. People come from all over the world to mingle among (or participate in) openly carried guns. All sorts of 19th century guns, but guns nonetheless. Loaded guns.... not 'props'. Even the 'prop' guns are real... using blanks.

Shotguns, Carbines, SAAWheelguns, Derringers'n cap 'n ball conversions.Usually one... often two...maybe eventhree 'real' guns carried openly at a time. (Not to mention some evil looking knives 'n a few swords) Nobody's threatened. Kids have a great time. Nobody goes screaming into the streets. The only 'shoot-outs' are staged. So... ya got some heavily armed people wanderin' about... Most have been drinkin' at least something 'adult' during the day and nothing happens. Where's Fromme been? This has been goin' on for a LONG time.

Just off the top of my head... there's Founders Days, Wyatt Earp Days, Rendezvous of the Gunfighters, Helldorado, The Clanton Reunion'n prob'ly a few more' event' weekends. To get a motel room anywhere (including 20 miles away in Sierra Vista) you have to book 3-4 months in advance (or more). So... where's Fromme on all of this? I've made a Kodak moment for people from France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Ukraine 'n the Czech Republic (thatI know of) more than once, plusabout every state. This is the 'West'... 'n people eat this stuff up. 'Know what i think? Fromme's a fraud. Anybody with a subscription to National Geographic 'n a Yellow pages phone book could run that kind'a travel scam.