• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Activist bears arms while baring breasts

KBCraig

imported post

Cassidy, a young lady who regularly practices open carry, did so again today while making a political statement in public. We've often heard that OCing tends to overshadow the event and become its own spectacle to the detriment of the desired message, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

That's because while OCing her handgun, Cassidy was walking around Keene while topless.

http://freekeene.com/2009/08/23/raw-video-topless-equality-activist-arrested/

I doubt it's her pistol that gets the most news attention!

By the way, it is NOT a violation of the NH statute for a woman to be topless:

645:1 Indecent Exposure and Lewdness. –
I. A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if such person fornicates, exposes his or her genitals, or performs any other act of gross lewdness under circumstances which he or she should know will likely cause affront or alarm.

No genitals were involved, nor was any lewdness.

Riana

imported post

I couldn't tell - did she disarm before they put her in the cuffs? I assume she handed her holster to someone when she got her shirt to cover her "panic-inducing" nakedness. :p

Phssthpok

imported post

A quick keyword search of Keene city code reveals no returns for lewd, indecent, or exposure (related to this type of incident), and genital returns a supplementary regulation for 'nude model studio'.

Sexual discrimination, pure and simple...... a Federal CRIMINAL violation of Title 18 Sec 242 USC, Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law.

KBCraig

imported post

I recall acourt ruling in at least one other state with a similarly-worded statute, stating that a woman who is fully nude isn't guilty of "indecent exposure". The court found that the mere act of going bottomless doesn't expose a woman's genitals, because they're internal.

:celebrate

virginiatuck

imported post

At about 06:20 she said "I'm not anyone, you don't know [me]" I think the last word was "me," but I can't tell.

I guess she planned to refuse to give her name to the police. Does New Hampshire have no law requiring a person to provide their real name if they are arrested?

The officer was surprisingly calm and patient. Then he had to go and make a presumably unlawful arrest...:cry:

ScottyT

imported post

Be sure to follow the link to YouTube and post a comment! Regardless of what your opinion of this young lady is (or your opinion on public nudity in general), she was breaking no laws and was arrested merely because she made someone uncomfortable -- just as we might face when OCing.

Show some support!

KBCraig

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
The officer was surprisingly calm and patient. Then he had to go and make a presumably unlawful arrest...:cry:

As a rule, NH cops are like that. Sometimes they choose the right thing, and sometimes they choose the wrong course of action,as was done here.

The first officer (the very slender one) was obviously uncomfortable, crossing his arms in a defensive posture, and couldn't even bring himself to say "breasts". He talked about her "upper body" and "private areas", and horribly misquoted the law.

virginiatuck

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Be sure to follow the link to YouTube and post a comment! Regardless of what your opinion of this young lady is (or your opinion on public nudity in general), she was breaking no laws and was arrested merely because she made someone uncomfortable -- just as we might face when OCing.

Show some support!
I'm supportive. Some would argue that, as a male, I have ulterior motives. The support that is needed must come from other women in order for it to be taken seriously.

Some would argue that the crux of the issue is that her breasts need some support. :p

KBCraig

imported post

Excuse me for borrowing from the French, but it's appropriate. :D

Liberty-Leading-the-People-%2828th-July-1830%29-1830-large.jpg

Tomahawk

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Good idea, KBCraig. Here's the flag of Virginia:

attachment.php

That's of the coolest things about Virginia. We have a naked, armed woman standing over the body of a fallen tyrant, with a motto of "Thus always to tyrants". How cool is that?

If we had to pick a flag from scratch today, the PC police would never allow something so awesome. We'd get a bunch of flowers and cardinals and butterflies, with a big picture of Obama's face stuck in the middle or something.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I have the state of Virgina tattoed on my hand and I have been waiting to come up with the funds to get the flag on rest of my hand thats so Brutal...........Thus always to tyrants".I think out of all the states thats the most Metal flag I had to say it as I am listening to some death metal.
We need more vocal women out in the world taking part of the Oc movement I give this chick alot of credit in standing up.There are to many female victims that think cops will be there at an instant and that just isnt so.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP If [Virginia] had to pick a flag from scratch today, the PC police would never allow something so awesome. We'd get a bunch of flowers and cardinals and butterflies, with a big picture of Obama's face stuck in the middle or something.
ROFL. Too true.