Thread: WQOW: 200 residents show up for open carry picnic in St. Croix County, WI

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10977230

200 residents show up for open carry picnic
    Posted:

wnRenderDate('Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:35 PM EST', '', true);

Aug 23, 2009 7:35 PM EDT [/i]

Glenwood City (WQOW) - More than 200 residents showed up for the open carry picnic in Glenwood City on Sunday afternoon.

The picnic was heldat the Saint Croix County Fairgrounds, inGlenwood City. The picnic was open to the public and was freetoattend. Most of the 200 residents who were at Sunday's picnic were carrying guns.

Organizers say they held the picnic to celebrate a recent memo from Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen regarding the legality of open carry.

"My wife andI and our grown daughters organized this as an informational session more than anything else because I just can't believe the number of people, including our legislators and law enforcement, that don't know the laws," said Dave "Ole" Olson, event organizer.

Also at Sunday's picnic, Jefferson County Circuit Court Judge Randy Koschnick, he said he too is concerned not enough leaders know the gun laws.

"I'm concerned that many of our public officials, including judges, are not respecting the constitution," said Koschnick.

"If we don't respect the provisions of the constitution, I fear that our society will be changed dramatically, perhaps forever, and I wanted to alert people to that issue and encourage them to get involved in judicial races and other political races, identify candidates that share their values and support those candidates," said Michael Nelson, who attended the picnic.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Yea....well done!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Mike wrote:

Posted:

Glenwood City (WQOW) - More than 200 residents showed up for the open carry picnic in Glenwood City on Sunday afternoon.
    I like how the press tries to make everything smaller.

The coulda counted those of us not from Glenwood City.

There was approx 400 people there total. We counted close to 350 during the presentation and Ole says 400 easy when he added up signup sheets and those that told him they didn't want to sign in.

Post imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
    Mike wrote:

Posted:

Glenwood City (WQOW) -More than 200 residents showed up for the open carry picnic in Glenwood City on Sunday afternoon.
    I like how the press tries to make everything smaller.

The coulda counted those of us not from Glenwood City.

There was approx 400 people there total. We counted close to 350 during the presentation and Ole says 400 easy when he added up signup sheets and those that told him they didn't want to sign in.
    LOL-

Can you fault the media's math?... 400 is more than 200 people, right?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Awesome.. we need to unite in California and work on gathering that many people for our growing movement.They are out there.