• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WQOW: 200 residents show up for open carry picnic in St. Croix County, WI

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10977230

200 residents show up for open carry picnic
Posted:

wnRenderDate('Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:35 PM EST', '', true);

Aug 23, 2009 7:35 PM EDT [/i]

Glenwood City (WQOW) - More than 200 residents showed up for the open carry picnic in Glenwood City on Sunday afternoon.

The picnic was heldat the Saint Croix County Fairgrounds, inGlenwood City. The picnic was open to the public and was freetoattend. Most of the 200 residents who were at Sunday's picnic were carrying guns.

Organizers say they held the picnic to celebrate a recent memo from Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen regarding the legality of open carry.

"My wife andI and our grown daughters organized this as an informational session more than anything else because I just can't believe the number of people, including our legislators and law enforcement, that don't know the laws," said Dave "Ole" Olson, event organizer.

Also at Sunday's picnic, Jefferson County Circuit Court Judge Randy Koschnick, he said he too is concerned not enough leaders know the gun laws.

"I'm concerned that many of our public officials, including judges, are not respecting the constitution," said Koschnick.

"If we don't respect the provisions of the constitution, I fear that our society will be changed dramatically, perhaps forever, and I wanted to alert people to that issue and encourage them to get involved in judicial races and other political races, identify candidates that share their values and support those candidates," said Michael Nelson, who attended the picnic.

Woodchuck

imported post

Mike wrote:

Posted:

Glenwood City (WQOW) - More than 200 residents showed up for the open carry picnic in Glenwood City on Sunday afternoon.

I like how the press tries to make everything smaller.

The coulda counted those of us not from Glenwood City.

There was approx 400 people there total. We counted close to 350 during the presentation and Ole says 400 easy when he added up signup sheets and those that told him they didn't want to sign in.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
Mike wrote:

Posted:

I like how the press tries to make everything smaller.

The coulda counted those of us not from Glenwood City.

There was approx 400 people there total. We counted close to 350 during the presentation and Ole says 400 easy when he added up signup sheets and those that told him they didn't want to sign in.

LOL-

Can you fault the media's math?... 400 is more than 200 people, right?