• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help, Why can't I get my gun?!?! Advice Please!

FrankC

imported post

Oliferous wrote:
Agreed. I hate to be pessimistic but do you think that their response would be any different? I actually would've gone in person but was busy down in Seattle :(

Yes...I really do! It will force them to find out what is going on by calling w/e mysterious agency is holding things up. If you go in just be a regular guy who wants to know what the deal is and how to fix w/e the problem is, do NOT go in with an attitude. In person that station is great to deal with but over the phone I suspect they are mildly retarded children without benefit of being able to tell time.

amlevin

imported post

Makes me glad I haven't lived in Lynnwood for over 25 years. They weren't any better then. Lynnwood seems to have problems with Police and Guns. First one of their Chiefs is busted for stealing them out of Evidence Storage and for a followup one of their Lieutenants does the same. Maybe it is the City of Lynnwood PD that is on hold with NICS or WSP. Maybe?

Oliferous

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA
imported post

Very good points made. I actually hadn't thought about going up the chain. Thank you! I'll go down there tomorrow and have a myself little inquiry. And it is ALWAYS(well mostly) a good a idea to drop any attitude when dealing with LE! Especially when asking for something!
Duh, I hadn't even thought about trying to find the mystery agency that's holding this up, if is there is one. And if what Amlevin said is spot on, if it isn't LPD themselves being held up! :p

Oliferous

imported post

True :) (Lynnwood is current listed but I will be moving full time in a month or so to Seattle)
Not trying to argue, was just curious if there was a preference for either. Is there? I could easily get an addy change on it and would be willing to do so if this was a foreseeable issue being that if I have a prob with LPD, it may be better to go elsewhere, right? Please tell me if I'm mistaken, as I am new to all of this.
I just really wasn't expecting any hassle when I first went in to get my gun. My reading on it led me to believe that if I wasn't meeting the critia to be denied, I should be able to get it within a reasonable time frame. I just don't feel 24 days is reasonable.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

well youd have to go to seattle to get it done not king county. and they all have 30 days. you just have to decide how long you want to wait to apply

shad0wfax

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Oliferous wrote:
The Courthouse building, right? Do you mean how I wait to apply or how long I have to wait to receive the CPL?
They are SUPPOSED to issue your CPL within 30 days. However, they are SUPPOSED to approve or deny the purchase within 5 days or else you get the gun anyway and you see how that works.

It's not 5 days. It's 3 business days not including day of initial NICS inquiry.

Thefolks at NICS have 3 business days (not including the initial day of sale) in which to give a PROCEED or DENY answer after a DELAY response. Once those 3 business days have elapsed, the FFLcan transfer the firearm.

So if you go in on a Monday before the close of business on the east coast (say 1:00pm Pacific to be safe) and you are given a DELAY then you could go back on Thursday the same week after 2:00pm Pacific and get the gun then. The reason most people say "5 days" is because they include day of purchase as day 1, then 3 business days on east coast time, which means it'sthe morning of day 5(if you live on the east coast) that you can go back and transfer if no DENY or PROCEED has been issued. So the east coasters think 5 days, because they can go back ON day 5. Us west-coasters can go back on day 4, if you count day of purchase as day 1.

Oliferous

imported post

Sorry, got caught up with some family stuff and didn't get a chance to go down there but it's number one on my to-do list today! I did call the shop today just to see, but as expected, no progress. They did recommend going in and doing what I'm going to..
Will post as soon as something happens, wish me luck!:quirky

Oliferous

imported post

So finally after waiting a full thirty days, an insane run around, avoiding my questions, and just being plain ridiculous, the LPD gave me my "proceed" and I got my gun on the 1st!!!!
If they had waited one more day, I would have had to start the whole process over again! And the ONLY reason I didn't just get my money back and do something else was if I had pulled out of the transaction, the gun shop would've held $40 and only given me the rest back in store credit! So I decided to just ride it out and have my rights stepped on.. $40 bucks is 40 bucks when you're on unemployment;)
I'm just happy I FINALLY got the darned thing finished and don't have to deal with LPD. That until they stop me for OC'ing:p
Thanks to all you guys for your input and suggestions and for letting me vent this whole irritating process:quirky
-Oli:monkey

FrankC

imported post

Good to hear that you finally got it! When you are ready to take it out send me a pm and I'll meet you at Sam's.

Oliferous

imported post

FrankC wrote:
Good to hear that you finally got it! When you are ready to take it out send me a pm and I'll meet you at Sam's.
Sounds great! As soon as I find a good holster, I'll hit you up:D BTW, happen to know a good holster for a Ruger SR9? I've found a few online and am deciding between a couple;)

FrankC

imported post

Oliferous wrote:
FrankC wrote:
Sounds great! As soon as I find a good holster, I'll hit you up:D BTW, happen to know a good holster for a Ruger SR9? I've found a few online and am deciding between a couple;)

If you are looking for a CC holster the supertuck by Crossbreed holsters is great.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/I...ault.aspx?SortField=UnitCost+DESC,ProductName

If you are looking for an OC holster they have this

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/O...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

I use the Supertuck and one of their belts too, both are excellent.

Galco has a decent OC for your Ruger too.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3635&GunID=477