Thread: XD and XDM level 3 holster

Post imported post

I currently have an XD sub compact and am looking to get an XDM, both in .40 S&W. I have a retention holster now but would like to get a level 3. Is there an XD/XDM level 3 available now? I looked at blackhawk and safariland but did not see one for the XD lineup. Did I miss it or does someone else make one?

- D

Post imported post

I've got an XDm too. I've found it extremely difficult to have XDm specific accessories, my own fault since I got the 5 1/2 in .40. Definately hard to conceal, but I've used an in the band Galco holster, and leaning towards a Blackhawk now. I know they have a good line of OC accs.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I wonder if any of those people have even used the level 3 Safariland holster? I was one of the first people in our department to be trained with this holster. It is a good holster but, I use a level 2 Serpa holsterfor personal carry. I have no problem with the Serpa. I broke inone of the Safariland holsters and it dang near wore out my thumb. They are hard on the digits. This is not just my personal opinion, we (co-workers)were all in agreement. Like I said, the Safariland level 3 is a good holster though for security of the weapon. I was able to draw and fire on target, 2 rounds from a locked down position in just under 2 seconds. This was confirmed with a competition timer. My choice though would be the level 3 Serpa. They do not make it for the Springfield XD yet. When they do, I will buy one. I have two level 2 Serpa's. One has the finger groove, and the other one does not. I have not had a problem with my finger going into the trigger guard, while using either of these holsters. I find the Serpa to be a much more comfortable holster, as far as being easier on the fingers. I think if someone had an accidental firing with this holster, it was operator error and it probably would not have mattered what holster they were using.

Post imported post

Darroll wrote:
    I currently have an XD sub compact and am looking to get an XDM, both in .40 S&W. I have a retention holster now but would like to get a level 3. Is there an XD/XDM level 3 available now? I looked at blackhawk and safariland but did not see one for the XD lineup. Did I miss it or does someone else make one?

- D
    I was able to get my XDm to work great in a XD level III Black Hawk serpa holster. Both my XD and XDm work in it just fine.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

The more I read about and see level 3 holsters I think I may have to pass for now. Being new to OC I was thinking safely first as I now only carry with a level 1 retention holster. Unless someone comes up with a less obtrusive design I will look into getting a level 2 serpa. They are cheap and a lot of people seem to like it.

Thanks for the input.

- D

Post imported post

I am new to the oc as well but I bought my serpa holster a few months back for my sig 226 in a .40. I must say it is one of the most comfortable and secure holsters I have used. My thanks to all who recommended it.

Post imported post

I wish they would make a Serpa for the XD in lefty. I love the lefty-Serpa for my 1911.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo..

Check this link out according to the page here they do make a lefty for your XD. It just states right handed is shown in the picture. I dont know if its just a miss written add or what, but it never hurts to look.

http://www.grandslamsports1.com/serv...Holster/Detail

Post imported post

I wish they would make a Serpa for the XD in lefty.

They do. I have one. It is a great holster.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Oh, sweet. I wonder if that comes with the paddle....

I'll have to email them.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

If I remember right it did come with a paddle but I don't use the paddles only the belt loops piece.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

AbNo..

Well even if it just comes with the belt attachment its still a left handed serpa and you can buy the paddle seperately for little to nothing