• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD and XDM level 3 holster

Darroll

imported post

I currently have an XD sub compact and am looking to get an XDM, both in .40 S&W. I have a retention holster now but would like to get a level 3. Is there an XD/XDM level 3 available now? I looked at blackhawk and safariland but did not see one for the XD lineup. Did I miss it or does someone else make one?

- D

widescreen

imported post

I've got an XDm too. I've found it extremely difficult to have XDm specific accessories, my own fault since I got the 5 1/2 in .40. Definately hard to conceal, but I've used an in the band Galco holster, and leaning towards a Blackhawk now. I know they have a good line of OC accs.

D_Weezy

imported post

I wonder if any of those people have even used the level 3 Safariland holster? I was one of the first people in our department to be trained with this holster. It is a good holster but, I use a level 2 Serpa holsterfor personal carry. I have no problem with the Serpa. I broke inone of the Safariland holsters and it dang near wore out my thumb. They are hard on the digits. This is not just my personal opinion, we (co-workers)were all in agreement. Like I said, the Safariland level 3 is a good holster though for security of the weapon. I was able to draw and fire on target, 2 rounds from a locked down position in just under 2 seconds. This was confirmed with a competition timer. My choice though would be the level 3 Serpa. They do not make it for the Springfield XD yet. When they do, I will buy one. I have two level 2 Serpa's. One has the finger groove, and the other one does not. I have not had a problem with my finger going into the trigger guard, while using either of these holsters. I find the Serpa to be a much more comfortable holster, as far as being easier on the fingers. I think if someone had an accidental firing with this holster, it was operator error and it probably would not have mattered what holster they were using.

zack991

imported post

Darroll wrote:
I currently have an XD sub compact and am looking to get an XDM, both in .40 S&W. I have a retention holster now but would like to get a level 3. Is there an XD/XDM level 3 available now? I looked at blackhawk and safariland but did not see one for the XD lineup. Did I miss it or does someone else make one?

- D
I was able to get my XDm to work great in a XD level III Black Hawk serpa holster. Both my XD and XDm work in it just fine.
Picture002.jpg

Darroll

imported post

The more I read about and see level 3 holsters I think I may have to pass for now. Being new to OC I was thinking safely first as I now only carry with a level 1 retention holster. Unless someone comes up with a less obtrusive design I will look into getting a level 2 serpa. They are cheap and a lot of people seem to like it.

Thanks for the input.

- D

demery

imported post

I am new to the oc as well but I bought my serpa holster a few months back for my sig 226 in a .40. I must say it is one of the most comfortable and secure holsters I have used. My thanks to all who recommended it.

jeeper1

imported post

I wish they would make a Serpa for the XD in lefty.

They do. I have one. It is a great holster.

jeeper1

imported post

If I remember right it did come with a paddle but I don't use the paddles only the belt loops piece.

demery

imported post

AbNo..

Well even if it just comes with the belt attachment its still a left handed serpa and you can buy the paddle seperately for little to nothing