• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's make CC a right

BradAnderson

imported post

I would like to propose thatall Michigan gun-owners and others, band together to challengeMichigan CC-law in federal District court.

Michigan CCW-law is unconstitutional by requiring a permit to carry concealed, despite recognizing the right to carry openly.

This is a violation of federal privacy-rights, which are defined as the right to be free from public scrutiny, in activities that are in accord with law and public policy.

Since carrying is a right under the Michigan Constitution, then the open-carry requirement is a violation of federal privacy-rights.

By filing a federal suit against the Michigan CC law, we can secure our federal privacy-rights by carrying concealed as a matter of right, not as a matter of privilege.

This means that all Michigan citizens will be able to carry concealed WITHOUT a permit-- just like they are able to carry openly now.

Again, we have the LEGAL RIGHT to carry concealed, but this is being violated by theMichigan legislature. It's our right and duty to take action to take it back.

EM87

imported post

I like it! But I have no money to give to a cause, and not really that much time either... But if there's one thing I would like to see happen with MI gun rights, this is it (and no more PFZs.) This is a huge task to undertake, but I'm on your side!

BradAnderson

imported post

It's really not that huge: we just need to get together a movement to sponsor abasic lawsuit to challenge this law in Michigan court in Lansing.

By law, all rights-- state AND federal--must be respected in consistency with one another by a state. Here, the state of Michiganis construing a state-right in a way that infringes on a federal right-- which is a violation of the 14th Amendment.

The Michigan CCW law violates these federal protections, in conjunction with the right to bear arms for self-defense as protected by Michigan Constitution, Article I Section 6.

Since this is a free and clear violation of the 14th Amendment's incoporation-clause regarding federal protections (i.e. the right of privacy, which is also protected under the 9th Amendment-- as well as the penumbral protections of the 4th Amendment).

Therefore this casethus qualifies for a hearing before the Michigan Supreme Court.

As far as money goes, it will be far, far cheaper than what CCW-permits cost the people in terms of both money and freedom; for the simple law that requires a permit to carry concealed-- while requiring none to carry openly, reconizing this as a matter of right-- basically turns the federal right of privacy. into a privilege.

wally1120

imported post

I am with you. I dont think you shold have to go through a class and alot of money to be able to carry a gun a certain way. What does "Right To Bear Arms" relly mean if we have to go through a bunch of BS to do something that we should be able to do without anything.