• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon CHL arrived

Window_Seat

imported post

It arrived Wednesday (08/19) in the form of a plastic card. Application submitted 07/24, Interview on 07/28 (which included the fingerprinting process, fee submitted and picture taken, etc.). I was told it would be 45 days, but I had predicted that it would arrive within the month of August.

The process was very pleasant overall, and the personnel were all very gracious throughout. Washington County is a good county to apply if you are an OOSR.

I'm thinking seriously of taking another road trip, but I think I'll wait until I get my WA license (since I will be living there shortly).

Erik.

Autonym

imported post

The gals down at the Washington County Sheriff's Office are really nice and pleasant to work with.

I currently live in Washington County but also own land in Yamhill County where I'll be having a house built soon. So to save on having to have my license re-issued next year (and save $30 on change of address fees - $15 for each county) I tried going down to McMinnville to get it done up.

Sadly the gal there - an actual sheriff's deputy - refused to accept my application and stated "I had to get my license in my county of the address shown on my driver's license". It sounded reasonable at the time.

Fast forward 2 weeks to my Glamor Shots and 10-Card appointment at the Washington County Sheriff's Office where I mention this to the gal there. She sighs and explained the rules were changed last year and not everyone is "up to date" - the Yamhill county gal was wrong. She still continued to process my CHL, though, and said it would be sent out in a few weeks.

I can't wait!

~Auto

P.S. - I eventually found the ORS section (https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.291.html) that should have allowed me to register in Yamhill. See subsection (9)(c).

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Window_Seat, it would be nice for everyone else applying for out of stateto know what extra steps you had to go through. Did you need a letter of justification? etc.

Ken

djhawes

imported post

Window_Seat wrote:
It arrived Wednesday (08/19) in the form of a plastic card. Application submitted 07/24, Interview on 07/28 (which included the fingerprinting process, fee submitted and picture taken, etc.). I was told it would be 45 days, but I had predicted that it would arrive within the month of August.

The process was very pleasant overall, and the personnel were all very gracious throughout. Washington County is a good county to apply if you are an OOSR.

I'm thinking seriously of taking another road trip, but I think I'll wait until I get my WA license (since I will be living there shortly).

Erik.

Erik,

Before you purchase a WA license, check out UTAH's CHL. Utah's license will cover WashingtonState,Idaho, Montana, Utah, and a couple of other states. It costs $65.00 for five years and will be the same costs as Washington States CHL. However, by having Utah's CHL, you will have additional states covered where you can legally carry your weapon concealed.