• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im not afraid of your gun anymore

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Our house tends to be the place that the neighbor hood kids gather, and I am always OCing. Either they are not telling their parents or the parents don't care. One of my step sons best friends who is always sleeping over, told me the other day, "I am not afraid of your gun anymore".

I told him that was good and that I don't wear it to scare anyway. His next comment is what impressed me. He is only 10.

" I figured out that it's not the gun that is bad or good it's the person behind it."

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Citizen wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
SNIP Our house tends to be the place that the neighbor hood kids gather,...
The kids in your area are hoods? :D:p

Great story!
Damn firefox doesn't fix everything for me. LOL.

We went hiking and plinking today, the kids loved it, the kid in the above story didn't go, but another neighbor kid, saw us walking past with the .22 rifle and pistol asked his mom if he could go, and came along, Me my 13 yr. old son 12 yr. old step son and 9 year old neighbor kid. We had a blast and packed out what we brought in.

3/325

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I told him that was good and that I don't wear it to scare anyway. His next comment is what impressed me. He is only 10.

"I figured out that it's not the gun that is bad or good it's the person behind it."
Only 10 and he's already smarter than most voters.