• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lacrosse tribune LTE: Hubert Hoffman: Open carry is lawful

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Tis is good work, short and **less than** 200 words. Take a single issue, make your point, ram in home, then get the hell out of there - just a like a fighter plane making a dive bomb run

--

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/opinion/article_b94bdcca-8ecb-11de-90d6-001cc4c03286.html

By Hubert Hoffman / Onalaska | Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:15 am | 1 Comment

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

I am writing in reference to a letter by Fran Swift that was published August 20, 2009.

We have a zero tolerance when children point their finger, "as a pretend gun on the playground," because the "action" of children shooting children is unacceptable. We also have a zero tolerance for grown adults who would brandish or discharge a firearm for no reason as well.

Those who attend these public events, peaceably carrying a holstered firearm, are not there to intimidate anyone; they are simply there, going about their business, carrying as they do every day. When our children see us carrying a firearm in lawful, peaceable manner, they will have learned to see beyond the prejudice and fear that so many irrationally associate with firearms.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Go figure, it won't take comments.

This is the comment I posted but it won't take it:

dave jar you must be kidding right? or you must be one of those tyrannically brain washed sheeple that keep popping up all over the lawn.

You are the type of person that would agree to give up your right to vote, just because some sheeple don't vote.

just because you don't believe in exercising your rights you think others shouldn't either and if no one will listen to you then you are going to take your ball and go home.

Please do and save us all the BS you are spewing from your left wing extremist mouth.

If you want to live in a country where the people have no right to self defense then move to Iran or N. Korea.

Just because you are not man enough to stand up for your rights doesn't mean others shouldn't.

You are the typical lazy American brainwashed sheep that roams around this country contributing to nothing.

Well, nothing except crime. You are the type that would give a criminal your wallet, car keys, credit cards or what ever just so they wouldn't harm you. Just so you won't have to worry about defending your self.

You have fallen victim to your tyrannical government and believe that they will some how come to your rescue and save you if you should be put in a bad situation.

Some one needs to slap you and wake you up.

It is funny how sheeple like yourself will come into a forum or blog and spout off at the mouth at how crazy people are for exercising their rights but you won't show up at an event and voice your opinion there. Oh that's right you are to lazy to stand up for your rights so you probably won't get off of the couch.

Baahhh Baahhh Sheeple

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Go figure, it won't take comments.
You're right. Here is my activation e-mail copied below but still I get stuck with "You must Login to comment." I think that it is a poorly coded page - and they have my personal information.

Thank you for your interest in RiverValleyVoice. Simply click on the
link below to confirm your registration.

Confirm registration by clicking here
<http://my.rivervalleyvoice.com/community/app/reg/emailregconfirm/tptema
ilconfirm.aspx

If the link above does not work, simply cut and paste the link below in
your browser's URL address bar.

http://my.rivervalleyvoice.com/community/app/reg/emailregconfirm/tptemai
lconfirm.aspx

Note: Please do not reply to this message. This system message was sent
from a notification-only email address. [/code]

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I took both sets of comments and put them together on the same post so others would not need to go off-site to see the original topic that motivated BNH to reply

Fran Swifts originalcomments
How is it that a kindergarten child pointing his finger as a pretend gun on the playground can be suspended from school, while the adults in our country, grown men, can wear their loaded guns to public events? Zero tolerance we're told. Where is the zero tolerance for these adults and their intimidating behavior? Do we not realize our children are watching?
AndBNH's rebuttal
We have a zero tolerance when children point their finger, "as a pretend gun on the playground," because the "action" of children shooting children is unacceptable. We also have a zero tolerance for grown adults who would brandish or discharge a firearm for no reason as well.

Those who attend these public events, peaceably carrying a holstered firearm, are not there to intimidate anyone; they are simply there, going about their business, carrying as they do every day. When our children see us carrying a firearm in lawful, peaceable manner, they will have learned to see beyond the prejudice and fear that so many irrationally associate with firearms.
Great writing by BNH!