Thread: Hello, 1st UOC

Post imported post

Hey guys, long time lurker. Just thought I'd throw out an intro and share my 1st UOC experience. My name is Matej, I currently live in Huntington Beach. This is a great site and has a lot of good information, although I can't say I agree with the LE bashing that sometimes goes on in here.

Well, here is my boring UOC story. I was hungry and decided to drive up to Del-Taco for some grub and their AWESOME chocolate fudge cake =) Since it was midnight and pretty dark outside in the alley I decided to UOC. I strapped on my mag holster and Glock. As I walked out of the gate there was this shady guy walking through our PRIVATE gate for whatever reason. Normally I would have stepped up the command presence and confronted him to find out why he was there but I decided to just politely say hello. He responded back with "how you doing?" He kind of glanced over at my firearm but didn't think anything of it. I got in my car and drove off. I did not exit the car to make my purchase due to lazyness so I used the drive through. I made it home without any problems.

Overall, it felt great to be able to exercise my 2A and not have to worry about some crackhead or thug getting the best of me. Earlier in the day I was at the Gun Show in Costa Mesa and saw quite a few patrons walking around UOC. It's nice to be in an environment where people don't flip out at the site of someone else packing. Too bad our gun laws are so strict here. Hopefully Bill Hunt gets elected for OC Sheriff and stands by his commitment to issue CCW's.:celebrate

Post imported post

Matej354 wrote:
    I got in my car and drove off. I did not exit the car to make my purchase due to lazyness so I used the drive through. I made it home without any problems.
    Ok I'll ask. What did you do with the gun once you got into the car?

Post imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
    Matej354 wrote:
    I got in my car and drove off. I did not exit the car to make my purchase due to lazyness so I used the drive through. I made it home without any problems.
    Ok I'll ask. What did you do with the gun once you got into the car?
    Most likely left it right were it belongs, in the holster on his hip.

Post imported post

Matej354 wrote:
    As I walked out of the gate there was this shady guy walking through our PRIVATE gate for whatever reason. Normally I would have stepped up the command presence and confronted him to find out why he was there
    why didnt you shut the gate? before he walked in? its private!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Correct, I left it in the holster. No school zones within 1000 feet.

I didn't shut the gate because it's pretty loud when it opens and closes. My neighbors bedroom window is right above it so I waited until I got back to close it.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Matej354 wrote:

I didn't shut the gate because it's pretty loud when it opens and closes. My neighbors bedroom window is right above it so I waited until I got back to close it.
    Congrats on your first OC. Very liberating isn't it?

But Security gates? :? I lived in an apartment cage once, never again will in intentionally live within a gated community, apartment or neighborhood. Total false sense of security...the don't do squat...and its such a hassle.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Matej354 wrote:

Congrats on your first OC. Very liberating isn't it?

But Security gates? :? I lived in an apartment cage once, never again will in intentionally live within a gated community, apartment or neighborhood. Total false sense of security...the don't do squat...and its such a hassle.
    Yes sir it is. I wish I could do it more but I am almost hired with a LE agency and don't want to get detained or arrested while I'm going through backgrounds. As for the gate, it doesn't lock anyways.