• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, 1st UOC

Matej354

imported post

Hey guys, long time lurker. Just thought I'd throw out an intro and share my 1st UOC experience. My name is Matej, I currently live in Huntington Beach. This is a great site and has a lot of good information, although I can't say I agree with the LE bashing that sometimes goes on in here.

Well, here is my boring UOC story. I was hungry and decided to drive up to Del-Taco for some grub and their AWESOME chocolate fudge cake =) Since it was midnight and pretty dark outside in the alley I decided to UOC. I strapped on my mag holster and Glock. As I walked out of the gate there was this shady guy walking through our PRIVATE gate for whatever reason. Normally I would have stepped up the command presence and confronted him to find out why he was there but I decided to just politely say hello. He responded back with "how you doing?" He kind of glanced over at my firearm but didn't think anything of it. I got in my car and drove off. I did not exit the car to make my purchase due to lazyness so I used the drive through. I made it home without any problems.

Overall, it felt great to be able to exercise my 2A and not have to worry about some crackhead or thug getting the best of me. Earlier in the day I was at the Gun Show in Costa Mesa and saw quite a few patrons walking around UOC. It's nice to be in an environment where people don't flip out at the site of someone else packing. Too bad our gun laws are so strict here. Hopefully Bill Hunt gets elected for OC Sheriff and stands by his commitment to issue CCW's.:celebrate

Decoligny

imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
Matej354 wrote:
I got in my car and drove off. I did not exit the car to make my purchase due to lazyness so I used the drive through. I made it home without any problems.
Ok I'll ask. What did you do with the gun once you got into the car?
Most likely left it right were it belongs, in the holster on his hip.

1245A Defender

imported post

Matej354 wrote:
As I walked out of the gate there was this shady guy walking through our PRIVATE gate for whatever reason. Normally I would have stepped up the command presence and confronted him to find out why he was there
why didnt you shut the gate? before he walked in? its private!

Matej354

imported post

Correct, I left it in the holster. No school zones within 1000 feet.

I didn't shut the gate because it's pretty loud when it opens and closes. My neighbors bedroom window is right above it so I waited until I got back to close it.

coolusername2007

imported post

Matej354 wrote:

I didn't shut the gate because it's pretty loud when it opens and closes. My neighbors bedroom window is right above it so I waited until I got back to close it.
Congrats on your first OC. Very liberating isn't it?

But Security gates? :? I lived in an apartment cage once, never again will in intentionally live within a gated community, apartment or neighborhood. Total false sense of security...the don't do squat...and its such a hassle.

Matej354

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Matej354 wrote:

Congrats on your first OC. Very liberating isn't it?

But Security gates? :? I lived in an apartment cage once, never again will in intentionally live within a gated community, apartment or neighborhood. Total false sense of security...the don't do squat...and its such a hassle.
Yes sir it is. I wish I could do it more but I am almost hired with a LE agency and don't want to get detained or arrested while I'm going through backgrounds. As for the gate, it doesn't lock anyways. :D