• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owners in NC were busy this weekend

Godscreation

imported post

NC Senator shoots and kills home intruder
http://wbt.com/news/details.cfm;jsessionid=2a3021194048df0f96dd3c21736c2677a5c4?article_id=47673

Homeowner fires shots at robbery suspects
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-082409-al-homeowner_fires_shots.10f5b26b0.html

And finally the one making the most headlines and the most controverial:
[sub]Elderly man shoots suspect in home invasion, may face charges[/sub]
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/904476.html

go to this link and hit the poll regarding this story it's halfway down the page:
http://www.wbt.com/

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I was just about the post the same thing. Here is the recent story from Charlotte, from the area I use to live in.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A homeowner exchanged gunfire with the suspects who had broken into his home early this morning, police say.

The incident happened around 12:15 a.m. Monday on Carriage Drive Circle off of Central Avenue.

Police say five armed suspects kicked in the front door of the home and held the two adults and several children inside at gunpoint. The suspects took items and then started running to their getaway car parked at a nearby apartment complex, police said. The homeowner gave chase.

As they were running, one suspect shot at the homeowner, and he returned fire, police say. The homeowner was not hit, and it’s unknown if any suspects were wounded. The suspects got away in a white Cadillac.

A similar home invasion robbery happened around 11:44 p.m. on Malibu Drive off of The Plaza.

In that case, five suspects kicked in the front door of a home, ransacked the house and then took items, police say. The suspects fled on foot.

One person was inside the home at the time of the robbery, but she was not hurt.

Police say they are exploring the possibility that these crimes are related.

Five armed suspects? my glock 30 only holds 10 rounds? Guess I better start sitting the AK out, huh .40?

This is a crazy string of events and it seems thecriminals are getting more bold and younger. The solution to this problem is good parenting, or at least just keeping your crazy kids in the house after dark. The kid that got killed in that one case was 15, 15 years old and involved in breaking and entering, kidnapping, assault, etc.

chiefjason

imported post

I think the old man has a tough road ahead. Getting that these things seem to be on the rise in Charlotte they might have trouble getting a conviction though. I think he is on the wrong side of the law on this one, but hope he gets a friendly DA or jury. Whichever it gets to.

Again, don't mess with old folks. They don't fight, they shoot.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Chasing down the people who assaulted you isn't against any law.

Shooting them could be. Intent to kill them would be a very bad thing. If he wanted his stuff back, and they drew a weapon, thenit could very well be determined aself-defense shooting.

There just isn't enough information.

dvdaughtry

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
Chasing down the people who assaulted you isn't against any law.

Shooting them could be. Intent to kill them would be a very bad thing. If he wanted his stuff back, and they drew a weapon, thenit could very well be determined aself-defense shooting.

There just isn't enough information.

That's the conclusion that I, and some co-workers have concluded.

We wish him the best, and don't fault what he did, but as said earlier, he is on the wrong side of the law.

Here's to wishing him the best.

thompsongunner06

imported post

Im sure the old man was "just trying to get a tag number to give to the police so they could arrest them,,then one bad guy saw him so the gun fight began" Thats what I would say Thats my story and Im sticking to it!