• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No firearms in city Park

T.J.

imported post

I was taking my son to play some tennis at a city park here in Gaylord and a big sign with park rulesthatsaysno weapons, bows or firearms in the park. The park has 2 tennis courts, a paved walking trail and some mountain bike trails. It is lighted for night use and is owned by the city of Gaylord. It is a nice place for a peaceful walk in the woods. What can and should be done?

The name of the park is Aspen Park.

Chris5039

imported post

MCRGO v. Ferndale: The Michigan Court of Appeals held that local units of government may not impose restrictions upon firearms possession.

I think local governments putthose rulesup, and try to see if you will comply. Pretty cut and dry statement from above.

PDinDetroit

imported post

T.J. wrote:
I was taking my son to play some tennis at a city park here in Gaylord and a big sign with park rulesthatsaysno weapons, bows or firearms in the park. The park has 2 tennis courts, a paved walking trail and some mountain bike trails. It is lighted for night use and is owned by the city of Gaylord. It is a nice place for a peaceful walk in the woods. What can and should be done?

The name of the park is Aspen Park.
TJ - please see the info at the following link (see entries by Venator):

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/30402.html

Please consider sending this info on to the City of Gaylord, with edits as appropriate.