• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOW IS OC/CC IN COLUMBIA MO????

mpdog42

imported post

HI Gang, i was born in Columbia, and still have family there,i never carry there as i lived overseas for the past five years.does anybody(sorry has)had encounters with CPD or the University Police.Would be glad for any tips or storys

Thnaks

Mike

JBauer

imported post

I OC daily around my neighborhood without any incident. I know another member works at Target Masters and OC'ed regularly downtown without incident.

I'm waiting for my CC permit, so as I understand it, I can't transport a loaded or unloaded handgun in the passenger compartment of my vehicle, so it would just be a hassle and sketchy walking to my trunk everywhere I go to retrieve and load my carry gun.

Article1section23

imported post

JBauer wrote:
I OC daily around my neighborhood without any incident. I know another member works at Target Masters and OC'ed regularly downtown without incident.

I'm waiting for my CC permit, so as I understand it, I can't transport a loaded or unloaded handgun in the passenger compartment of my vehicle, so it would just be a hassle and sketchy walking to my trunk everywhere I go to retrieve and load my carry gun.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM

571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:
(1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or .......

3. ........Subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section does not apply to any person twenty-one years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed,

nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game,

or is in his or her dwelling unit or upon premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control,

or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

JB, if you meet any of these 4, your good. Do not talk to the police. Period...like telling them where you are going....if you don't and your under 21, your attorney could use the travelingprovision to get the charge dropped (gov would have to prove you weren't traveling). Of course all legal advise should be obtained from proper legal council.