• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Manhattan and Junction City Ft. Riley Area???????

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Will be traveling in the vicinity of Ft Riley and Manhattan/Junction City area, actually staying there for about a month. I looked and saw that my non resident TX CC and Resident ID permit are good in Kansas. My question is open carry, can it be done in this area? I read up some but not clear if it is recommended in regards to local LEO. For example, Alabama is OC state but you better not do it if you don't want to spend a night in jail for disturbing the peace if a man with a gun call comes in. Anyway, if anyone has an answer on OC in the Ft. Riley area, much appreciated. Yes I know I can't carry on Ft. Riley period. I appreciate any input and info. Thanks.

marine0300

imported post

Sir,

I looked up the codes for Junction City and they do notallow open carry.

Sorry I did not get a copy I just wanted to send you a message.

Just google Junction City and you can down load a PDF with all their codes. It's six hundred pages. Just keep hitting next unitil you get to the section dealing with weopons. I don't remember the page number

Welcome to Kansas!

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Appreciate the info. I did some research before your response, talk to a Capt ? at the county Sheriffs office there. He stated to look on www.ksag.org I did and it cleared up most confusion. Appearently he was not aware of a new law. I have a non-resident TX permit and I would not be legal there. The new law as of July 09 states I am good with non-resident permit for TX as long as I am not a KS resident. Military get a qaiver if they are living in KS with an out of state DL. I think I am good with resident Idaho permit too, it's one of the 22 other states they honor.

As far as open carry he said I was good, it was an open carry state. Apparently not base on the info you passed to me. I think I will pass this info to him also. Thanks again for clearing it up. Any good local outdoor, or if not, indoor ranges you can reccommend near Junction city or as far as Manhattan?

marine0300

imported post

Kansas is an open carry state but has no preemption. So if you intend to open carry check with each local city & county.

We do have preemption on concealed carry. Go to the KS Attorney General's web site and look at HB 2528 which allows more places to carry legally. For example you may now carry in bars, restruants that serve alcohol, churches, sporting events,schools (colleges)and other places of interest unlest posted with the no gun sign (gun hater sign)

Enjoy your time Kansas