• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spreading the word to the young adults out there. please read

BzBeretta

imported post

Hello Everyone. My name is Ben and i just registered on the boards although i have been reading alot of what has been written here for a long time. Im 21 years old and i consider myself an average guy other than the fact that very few people from my generation seem to view the importance of our second ammendment right as i do. I am a Maine resident CCW permit holder and i recently started open carrying whenever possible. I am a very well liked person amoung my friends but am treated like a wierdo because i want to excersise my right to defend myself. I answer the usual question of "Why do you carry a gun?!?!?" with simply this. "Because there are more reasons to carry a gun then there are not to." I want to try and encourage anyone whos viewing this post to please go through the trouble of getting the CCW. We need numbers to keep our rights from being infringed, when they see more and more people getting the permits it shows the state that we have no intention of not practicing our right. If you dont use it, you lose it might be a good way to put it. I recently started open carrying as an educational process for the public and the police. We need the public to see them, everyday. so it becomes familiar to them and they perhaps start to change the oh too often liberal mindset that guns are bad and kill people.. PEOPLE kill people. the gun doesnt leap out of its holster and start firing off rounds into innocent people. it takes a person, and a mindset to do that. and God forbid it ever did happen and i was around, Im pretty sure theyd be happy i was there on that dark day. I also wanted to mention that i have openly carried about a half dozen times into the Auburn Walmart with no problems yet. Spoken with employees about where i can find something in the store and purchased ammunition from the sporting goods section and no problems yet. Also no issues in the Auburn Mcdonalds aka (Center for Digestive Pollution) lol. Have gotten only a few glares from people and one child shouted to his mother "OH NO MOM LOOK A GUN" to which i smiled and nodded at her.

So anyway, thats my mini story. I will remain active on here as i think we all should share our stories, good and bad and really help build this community :)

God bless and keep packin

oh yeah... and join the NRA ;)

-BzBeretta

jay75009

imported post

BzBeretta wrote:
Hello Everyone. My name is Ben and i just registered on the boards although i have been reading alot of what has been written here for a long time. Im 21 years old and i consider myself an average guy other than the fact that very few people from my generation seem to view the importance of our second ammendment right as i do. I am a Maine resident CCW permit holder and i recently started open carrying whenever possible. I am a very well liked person amoung my friends but am treated like a wierdo because i want to excersise my right to defend myself. I answer the usual question of "Why do you carry a gun?!?!?" with simply this. "Because there are more reasons to carry a gun then there are not to." I want to try and encourage anyone whos viewing this post to please go through the trouble of getting the CCW. We need numbers to keep our rights from being infringed, when they see more and more people getting the permits it shows the state that we have no intention of not practicing our right. If you dont use it, you lose it might be a good way to put it. I recently started open carrying as an educational process for the public and the police. We need the public to see them, everyday. so it becomes familiar to them and they perhaps start to change the oh too often liberal mindset that guns are bad and kill people.. PEOPLE kill people. the gun doesnt leap out of its holster and start firing off rounds into innocent people. it takes a person, and a mindset to do that. and God forbid it ever did happen and i was around, Im pretty sure theyd be happy i was there on that dark day. I also wanted to mention that i have openly carried about a half dozen times into the Auburn Walmart with no problems yet. Spoken with employees about where i can find something in the store and purchased ammunition from the sporting goods section and no problems yet. Also no issues in the Auburn Mcdonalds aka (Center for Digestive Pollution) lol. Have gotten only a few glares from people and one child shouted to his mother "OH NO MOM LOOK A GUN" to which i smiled and nodded at her.

So anyway, thats my mini story. I will remain active on here as i think we all should share our stories, good and bad and really help build this community :)

God bless and keep packin

oh yeah... and join the NRA ;)

-BzBeretta

Maine needs more ppl like you bro, i OC in saco/scarbrough all the time, with little to no issuses, and im glad you've been doing it in auburn, that area needs more knowledge on the fact.

i am currently in the process of getting my CCW here, but seeing as i've been "accused of some things" its becoming difficult haha never been charged or convictedof anything but ya know how ppl are.........they like to talk .............anywho, keep OC'ing man, everyone that does so supports the cause

:monkey