Thread: Pa permits

Post imported post

I live in WV but also have a Pa. permit from Centre county. Does anyone know if any county in Pa. has a better looking permit than the typical paper that neeeds to be folded or laminated. My brother told me Beaver county county has a nice credit card/DL type permit that fits nicely in your wallet. Im up for renewal soon and wanted to get something a little more slim and respectable looking.

Post imported post

Allegheny county's are plastic too, same with Indiana county.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Maverick,

Don't forget that you need not carry your PA LTCF on a daily basis since your WV CHL is now recognized in PA. The only states in which you need your PA LTCF are GA, ND (reciprocity with WV is still pending and has not been finalized), TX, and WY. Just keep your PA LTCF stored in a safe place and carry it with you only when you travel to a state that does not honor your WV CHL but honors your PA LTCF.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Yes,

well aware I don't need a Pa permit since I have a WV permit......just wanted one anyway. This is why i was more concerned about how it looks than actually needing one. Since I don't travel ouside of WV, OH, and Pa. i would never actually 'need' it anyway.

Post imported post

Maverick,

Wayne County has a laminated credit card size permit. It's got a good look to it too.

Post imported post

Beaver county has a credit card style permit with the photo, and you walk into the court house, fill out the page, hand it back with your $18, wait 5-10 min for background check, get photo taken and in a total of about 15-20 min....you walk out with it in your wallet. Done. Over. One stop. Under 30minutes. No multiple days or weeks of waiting like some places in PA.

I say, everyone should go for Beaver. Beaver is good. Beaver makes you happy. When I am in Beaver, it always makes me feel good.

Beaver County, PA., a great place to be!

:celebrate

Post imported post

Lawrence Cty also has plastic cards.

knighted4

ARTICLE l SECTION 21
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    What part of this DON'T you understand?

Post imported post

Larry0071 wrote:

Beaver is good. Beaver makes you happy. When I am in Beaver, it always makes me feel good.

:celebrate
    QFT.
    Givin' up the tactical advantage since 2008.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Post imported post

From what i've been reading in other state forums...I think all Non-res licenses are issued on paper.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

Hmmm,
    non-resident pa LTCF holders chime in please.............

Post imported post

My sheriff allows the option of the standard paper permit, or (for a few extra dollars) a laminated card which includes a photograph. I saw no need to spend the extra money for a photograph (I already know what I look like) which I put in my wallet and never show anyone anyhow.

Post imported post

Fayette County, PA approximately 3 years ago I walked into the court house and got my non-resident permit in about 15 minutes. For a few extra dollars I got a laminated wallet card to go with the larger card. It took longer to fill out the paper work than to get it all approved and then a few extra minutes to get the lamination machine warmed up. I wish WV was that simple... the wife just got her's a few months ago and it was nearly 4 weeks but everything was ready for her when she came in, we said she wanted the laminated card ahead of time.

Post imported post

Westmoreland Co also has shiny plastic credit card sized cards too...

Post imported post

beaver county has a nice permit i have one its plastic and has your pic on it like a dl

Post imported post

Clearfield county too... driver's license format with a picture

Post imported post

Bare with me here, I'm new to this. I live in Alleg. county and have a LTCF issued in Alleg. county. From the posts I'm reading here I get the impression I can get a LTCF in another county. Is this true? The reason I ask is because getting/renewing in Alleg. county is a hassle what with traffic, parking, busy sheriffs office etc. It would be much easier if I could renew at one of the surrounding cointies. Some how I thought I had to get the LTCF in the county I lived in.

Post imported post

alutok wrote:
    Bare with me here, I'm new to this. I live in Alleg. county and have a LTCF issued in Alleg. county. From the posts I'm reading here I get the impression I can get a LTCF in another county. Is this true? The reason I ask is because getting/renewing in Alleg. county is a hassle what with traffic, parking, busy sheriffs office etc. It would be much easier if I could renew at one of the surrounding cointies. Some how I thought I had to get the LTCF in the county I lived in.
    As a resident of PA, you must apply to the sheriff of the county in which you live.

How quick is your sheriff with issuance? If you know you have to make 2 trips, then mail in the application...that way you only have to go once to pick it up.

Allegheny Sheriff

Post imported post

I just received my Centre county non-res LTCF today. So, if I shrink it and laminate it it'll still count as the permit, or do I have to carry the folded , larger paper copy actually sent to me?

Post imported post

paper wow there cheap:what: lol j/k just get it lamanated so it dont get damaged

Post imported post

ffemt1079 wrote:
    I just received my Centre county non-res LTCF today. So, if I shrink it and laminate it it'll still count as the permit, or do I have to carry the folded , larger paper copy actually sent to me?
    When Bucks County was issuing paper, I would fold it in half and then laminate it...makes it a little more manageable size that way. But you could very well shrink it with a copier first...that is permitted.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

The law says you have to have a license to carry concealed or in a vehicle. It does not say that you have to carry the license on your person, but that would make life a whole bunch easier for you if ever asked to produce a license.

Keep the original copy at home. Keep a laminated, reduced copy in your wallet.

Post imported post

Mrjamtojab

thanks for the response and link.