Thread: OC in Grocery stores

Post imported post

Is it legal to Open Carry in grocery stores that sell alcohol?

I go to Whole Foods all the time and eat and drink a beer. I guess that means you can not carry in there right?

Activist Member

Post imported post

Depends on what state you are in. In my state it is legal. In some it may not be.

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    Depends on what state you are in. In my state it is legal. In some it may not be.
    Washington State (OC or CC) it is legal to carry in the liquor stores, grocery stores, restaurants that serve alcohol (you can even order alcohol while eating your meal). You are only restricted in places off-limits to 21 and under (bars / taverns / etc).

Post imported post

mbgreite wrote:

I go to Whole Foods all the time and eat and drink a beer. I guess that means you can not carry in there right?
    I think the states that restrict firearmsnear alcohol normally tend to do so where alcohol is sold for consumption on site. Obviously, you'll need to verify this with your state's specific laws.

Try going to the section of the forums called Stories from the States and go to your state and pose the question there. They'll have the laws at their fingertips or even off the top of their heads.

Post imported post

iv never had a problem. but its not illegal and no one usually cares anyways down here

Post imported post

I know NM has a problem with it. You can't carry in any place that sells alcohol, period. Even if not for consumption. Dumb.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Regardless of what state I'm in, if I was drinking, my gun would be locked up. Just sayin.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Regardless of what state I'm in, if I was drinking, my gun would be locked up. Just sayin.
    Who said anything about that?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Who said anything about that?
    Seriously. Every time I buy milk, I'm in a store that sells alcohol...

Post imported post

ixtow - the OP said it. And I agree with Michigander - generally bad idea to be drinking and carrying.

Regards,

Pol

Post imported post

In MI you must have a CPL in order to OC in a place licensed to sell liquor.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

mbgreite wrote:

Do NOT drink while carrying, period!!!

Post imported post

I carry grocery shopping all the time.

Our State Statute says

941.237 Possession in taverns.. (2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Including restaurants that serve alcohol.

And from the Dept of Revenue we get this

Class "B" fermented malt beverage licenses allow retail sale of fermented malt beverages (beer) for consumption on or off the premises. Examples: restaurants, "beer bars."

Post imported post

Where's that B.S. flag????

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    mbgreite wrote:

Do NOT drink while carrying, period!!!
    Why not?

I would advise not to get drunk while carrying, but drinking. . . go right ahead.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    I know NM has a problem with it. You can't carry in any place that sells alcohol, period. Even if not for consumption. Dumb.
    I dont think this is true anymore.... changed in July 2007
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

WHY carry at the gropcery store, "Zane Michael Floyd" !

Things can go bad quickly anywhere.

ETA:

On June 3, 1999, at approximately 5:15 in the morning, Floyd entered an Albertson's supermarket in Las Vegas, Nevada and opened fire on random individuals within the store with a shotgun. Wearing Marine Corps camouflage and with a shaved head, Floyd picked his victims at will in a calm manner.

He shot Thomas Darnell in the back twice, killing him. Immediately after, Floyd also killed Carlos Chuck Leos and Dennis Troy Sargeant. Floyd then encountered ZacharyT. Emenegger, who fled Floyd when he saw the gunman pointing the shotgun in his direction. Diving under a produce table, Emenegger avoided Floyd's gunfire for 15 seconds before succumbing to gunshots from Floyd's shotgun.

Floyd then shot Emenegger again. He searched the store and found Lucille Alice Tarantino in the rear. He shot her in the head at point-blank range and killed her. Floyd then walked back to Emenegger, who pretended to be dead. Floyd whispered "yeah, you're dead" to Emenegger, and exited the store. In total, Floyd had shot seven shotgun shells, killing four people and critically wounding another. Floyd was out of the supermarket in seven minutes.

He surrendered when he encountered police outside after a brief standoff.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin