Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped in Warren today.

Post imported post

2:30pm I was walking home from Rite Aid open carryingon 12 mile,just west of Hoover .Bummer!

Thanks for therecomendations.Thats all I got to say.If you haven't already seen it,mums the word.

God Bless!

Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

I think I would be calling both Jeffrey Fieger and Mike Cox on that one.

Post imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
    I called Fieger on a false arrest,he wouldn't take my case. Niether would the ACLU. Both worthless!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Post imported post

That was a bad stop, hamaneggs. Hope you're OK.

Those coppers should have to pay for their unprofessional behavior--criminally or administratively.

Good luck with the complaint process.

Post imported post

+1 for a picnic at the fountain then....

Post imported post

Something needs to be done about this. Jim Simmons is known to be Anti-OC, and focuses mostly on self-defense cases. Call Dean Greenblatt, maybe he'll be interested in the case. (248)644-7520 is the number.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Contact the FBI Detroit field office.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/color.htm

Post imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
    Fieger? You got to be kidding me. Do you honestly think someone would get a gun defense from him unless you murdered someone? You must not know the man very well.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    +1 for a picnic at the fountain then....
    I was hoping the picnic would be at the fountain right next to the police station rather then some obscure park by the freeway. Much better chance of a OC discussion with the PD about OC that way.

Post imported post

I'm happy with where the picnic is taking place, but there's plenty of time left before winter to have one at the fountain. Might be a little less fun for the kids, but no reason we shouldn't consider it.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

ITHINK WE SHOULD ALL CALL THEM STARTING TOMORROW, EVERYTIME WE OPEN CARRY.

Whether we are in Warren or not.

Warren Police Department
    29900 S Civic Center Blvd
    Warren, MI 48093-2386
    (586) 574-4700‎

Post imported post

Contact Commissioner Dwyer DIRECTLY and voice what took place. He himself KNOWS the deal and the legality of OC since attending last years Warren picnic. I would remind him of his own words.....Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said Wednesday his department is aware of Saturday's picnic. "We don't believe there are going to be any problems. We feel they certainly have a right to do what they're doing," he said.I think he needs a little reminder!

I would contact Norb Franz and Christy Strawser at the Macomb Daily newspaper and relay your story. They are the ones that covered last years picnic.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    Something needs to be done about this. Jim Simmons is known to be Anti-OC, and focuses mostly on self-defense cases. Call Dean Greenblatt, maybe he'll be interested in the case. (248)644-7520 is the number.
    I will definately call him tomorrow before I go complain. Thanks!

Post imported post

I'll definately be there for that one. Ofcourse the LEO's said picnic's etc.. are ok,just walkin down the street will create a draw down!

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Contact the FBI Detroit field office.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/color.htm
    Seriuosly?

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hamaneggs, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and this is not acceptable! The Warren PD knows better than this. I agree with contacting Dean and the FBI as well as filing the complaint with the FBI. I hope you have some type of recording of the events. (Do not state on the website if you do, or don't though)

In my opinion a second picnic won't make any more of a difference than one so close together. They already know about the law, they chose to ignore it. But, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't or can't do something else as well.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    I'll definately be there for that one. Ofcourse the LEO's said picnic's etc.. are ok,just walkin down the street will create a draw down!

Well, I like to walk off the food after I eat. So, I'm up for a stroll .

By the way, one thing I forgot is I have that email from the Warren city council president stating that the police are well informed of open carry and will not harass anyone that is lawfully OC'ing, I will contact her as about this as well as the police chief.

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    They learned what was what after stopping West_Nile and his dog for walking to last years picnic. THEY KNOW! This is B.S. at best. I will be calling Warren tomorrow in the A.M. Hope you guys can feel the heat all the way up there as I sit here and boil over as a result of this incident.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Contact Commissioner Dwyer DIRECTLY and voice what took place. He himself KNOWS the deal and the legality of OC since attending last years Warren picnic. I would remind him of his own words.....Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said Wednesday his department is aware of Saturday's picnic. "We don't believe there are going to be any problems. We feel they certainly have a right to do what they're doing," he said.I think he needs a little reminder!

I would contact Norb Franz and Christy Strawser at the Macomb Daily newspaper and relay your story. They are the ones that covered last years picnic.

I sure have alot of people to contact RG! Good thing I'm retired! Good to hear from you!

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:

I sure have alot of people to contact RG! Good thing I'm retired! Good to hear from you!
    When you get some time shoot ME a call please. My cell is still the same Michigan number.

Post imported post

I bet if you had the picnic and then a dozen or so folks open carrying walked down the street to get ice-cream would get their attention. I wonder how they would handle that with a reporter right there to cover it.

Sorry that happened to you. Good luck tomorrow.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

Warren Police Department
    Warren, MI 48093-2386
    (586) 574-4700‎
    I thought about some kind of mass contact. I think if we were to all call regularly and tell them that we were told to by the officers that stopped Jeff Haman at 2:30pm on 8/25/09 near 12 mile% Hoover at gunpoint! How's that sound? Considering I.ve OCed all over the area daily as I told them!

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Maybe we could picket the police station?

Then at a certain time, everyone just split....walk, in different directions, spread out all over the city.

In the mean time, Yes, contact the FBI!

Assult and battery, feloneous assault, violation of the 1st, 2nd and 4th.

Tomorrow you need to make a Freedom of Information Act request and ask for:

1) Any and all officers field notes, records, reports, video and audio recordings,
    2) Any and all 911 calls
    3) Any and all formal and informal complaints

Anything else anyonecan think of?

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    hamaneggs wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:

When you get some time shoot ME a call please. My cell is still the same Michigan number.
    Will do!

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

Warren Police Department
    Warren, MI 48093-2386
    (586) 574-4700‎
    I think a thousand of us should call tomorrow and tell them "I will be leaving my house and OC" and hang up !

Thats a BS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast