• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren today.

Haman J.T.

imported post

2:30pm I was walking home from Rite Aid open carryingon 12 mile,just west of Hoover .Bummer!

Thanks for therecomendations.Thats all I got to say.If you haven't already seen it,mums the word.

God Bless!

Haman J.T.

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
I think I would be calling both Jeffrey Fieger and Mike Cox on that one.
I called Fieger on a false arrest,he wouldn't take my case. Niether would the ACLU. Both worthless!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

That was a bad stop, hamaneggs. Hope you're OK.

Those coppers should have to pay for their unprofessional behavior--criminally or administratively.

Good luck with the complaint process.

malignity

imported post

Something needs to be done about this. Jim Simmons is known to be Anti-OC, and focuses mostly on self-defense cases. Call Dean Greenblatt, maybe he'll be interested in the case. (248)644-7520 is the number.

mikestilly

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
I think I would be calling both Jeffrey Fieger and Mike Cox on that one.

Fieger? You got to be kidding me. Do you honestly think someone would get a gun defense from him unless you murdered someone? You must not know the man very well.

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
+1 for a picnic at the fountain then....

I was hoping the picnic would be at the fountain right next to the police station rather then some obscure park by the freeway. Much better chance of a OC discussion with the PD about OC that way.

FatboyCykes

imported post

I'm happy with where the picnic is taking place, but there's plenty of time left before winter to have one at the fountain. Might be a little less fun for the kids, but no reason we shouldn't consider it.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

ITHINK WE SHOULD ALL CALL THEM STARTING TOMORROW, EVERYTIME WE OPEN CARRY.

Whether we are in Warren or not. ;)

[size=+1]Warren Police Department[/size]
[size=-1]29900 S Civic Center Blvd[/size]
[size=-1]Warren, MI 48093-2386[/size]
[size=-1](586) 574-4700‎
[/size]

warlockmatized

imported post

Contact Commissioner Dwyer DIRECTLY and voice what took place. He himself KNOWS the deal and the legality of OC since attending last years Warren picnic. I would remind him of his own words.....Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said Wednesday his department is aware of Saturday's picnic. "We don't believe there are going to be any problems. We feel they certainly have a right to do what they're doing," he said. I think he needs a little reminder! :banghead:

I would contact Norb Franz and Christy Strawser at the Macomb Daily newspaper and relay your story. They are the ones that covered last years picnic.

Haman J.T.

imported post

malignity wrote:
Something needs to be done about this. Jim Simmons is known to be Anti-OC, and focuses mostly on self-defense cases. Call Dean Greenblatt, maybe he'll be interested in the case. (248)644-7520 is the number.
I will definately call him tomorrow before I go complain. Thanks!

Haman J.T.

imported post

I'll definately be there for that one. Ofcourse the LEO's said picnic's etc.. are ok,just walkin down the street will create a draw down!

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hamaneggs, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and this is not acceptable! The Warren PD knows better than this. I agree with contacting Dean and the FBI as well as filing the complaint with the FBI. I hope you have some type of recording of the events. (Do not state on the website if you do, or don't though)

In my opinion a second picnic won't make any more of a difference than one so close together. They already know about the law, they chose to ignore it. But, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't or can't do something else as well.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I'll definately be there for that one. Ofcourse the LEO's said picnic's etc.. are ok,just walkin down the street will create a draw down!

Well, I like to walk off the food after I eat. So, I'm up for a stroll .

By the way, one thing I forgot is I have that email from the Warren city council president stating that the police are well informed of open carry and will not harass anyone that is lawfully OC'ing, I will contact her as about this as well as the police chief.

warlockmatized

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
They learned what was what after stopping West_Nile and his dog for walking to last years picnic. THEY KNOW! This is B.S. at best. I will be calling Warren tomorrow in the A.M. Hope you guys can feel the heat all the way up there as I sit here and boil over as a result of this incident.

Haman J.T.

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Contact Commissioner Dwyer DIRECTLY and voice what took place. He himself KNOWS the deal and the legality of OC since attending last years Warren picnic. I would remind him of his own words.....Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said Wednesday his department is aware of Saturday's picnic. "We don't believe there are going to be any problems. We feel they certainly have a right to do what they're doing," he said. I think he needs a little reminder! :banghead:

I would contact Norb Franz and Christy Strawser at the Macomb Daily newspaper and relay your story. They are the ones that covered last years picnic.
I sure have alot of people to contact RG! Good thing I'm retired! Good to hear from you!

warlockmatized

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:

I sure have alot of people to contact RG! Good thing I'm retired! Good to hear from you!
When you get some time shoot ME a call please. My cell is still the same Michigan number.