• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Warren today.

T Vance

imported post

I would suggest calling it in too! When I filed a FOIA I emailed it (so there was evidence that I sent the request), and I also called to get imidiate confirmation that my email and request for the FOIA had been recieved.

One other person mentioned that it most cost alot for all the information. For mine, the written report cost around $1 per page (it was 3 pages), the 911 audio CD cost about $15, and the squad car videos/audio for ALL 3 cars/LEO's (which came on 1 DVD) was $25. In my mind$43 is not alot of money for the piece of mind that you personally are holding evidence that can/will help your case. Once you recieve everything you have requested, I suggest making backup copies of EVERYTHING.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Wow, You guys in the eastern time zone sure are getting alot of crap from the policelately! I was reading about a bogus arrest, coercion, and other rights-trampling items that happened to a man in Lima Ohio from their police, and the story linked back Zig's storyand howyou guys handle things properly.

Unbelievable!:cuss:
From reading all your past & current efforts to reinforce upon the police that O-C is legal, and them verifying the fact with you. and this sort of thing still happens to lone people exercising their protected rights. I hope all goes well for the O-P and he is able to get some satisfaction from the rest of the MOC & OCDO members forth coming efforts to combat this.

The police are acting just like cowards, they pick a lone person and attack him with force, but they shy away from interacting with groups of citizens acting legally and exercising their rights. This further reinforces my opinion on that some percentage of people became police officers, so they could act in an authoritative position as payback for them getting teased and harassed in their school years. it is sickening, and any other police officer that allows these actions is just as bad as the one that took these actions in the first place.

Haman J.T.

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I would suggest calling it in too! When I filed a FOIA I emailed it (so there was evidence that I sent the request), and I also called to get imidiate confirmation that my email and request for the FOIA had been recieved.

One other person mentioned that it most cost alot for all the information. For mine, the written report cost around $1 per page (it was 3 pages), the 911 audio CD cost about $15, and the squad car videos/audio for ALL 3 cars/LEO's (which came on 1 DVD) was $25. In my mind$43 is not alot of money for the piece of mind that you personally are holding evidence that can/will help your case. Once you recieve everything you have requested, I suggest making backup copies of EVERYTHING.
Called,left message in voicemail to call me.Didn't get to talk with him. Runaround possibly?

FatboyCykes

imported post

I'm still trying to figure out if we can carry in the PD legally. My only concern is if they have a friend of the court or court officer who resides in the PD. I don't ever recall seeing any signage prohibiting firearms, and would love to OC in there with someone taping, if I can verify that it is legal.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out if we can carry in the PD legally. My only concern is if they have a friend of the court or court officer who resides in the PD. I don't ever recall seeing any signage prohibiting firearms, and would love to OC in there with someone taping, if I can verify that it is legal.
Of course you can carry in a PD. As long as they are not in a building with access to a court preemption applies. A court refers to the building and not to a person regardless of how pompous some judges may be.

Veritas

imported post

HamAndEggs... I understand if you refuse to share, but I'm interested in hearing the story. Feel free to PM it to me if you wish.

Otherwise, I'll just wait patiently for it be aired after everything is washed.

T.J.

imported post

Where can i read what happened here? I'm very interested in learning more. I'm up here in Gaylord and i can't find anything in any newapapers.:banghead:

MissRoadWarrior

imported post

LEOs, some anyway, probably know how to use Google Cache to search for posts on message boards -- even ones that have since been deleted. I mean, it took me about 12 seconds to find and read the OP's original post.

Point being -- don't post that stuff in the first place. PM someone or contact an attorney.

CoonDog

imported post

Sorry this happened hamaneggs. It definitely reads as an illegal stop. You may want to pursue this as a violation of Article I, Section 11, of the MI Constitution.

§ 11 Searches and seizures.
Sec. 11. The person, houses, papers and possessions of every person shall be secure from
unreasonable searches and seizures. No warrant to search any place or to seize any person or
things shall issue without describing them, nor without probable cause, supported by oath or
affirmation. The provisions of this section shall not be construed to bar from evidence in any
criminal proceeding any narcotic drug, firearm, bomb, explosive or any other dangerous weapon,
seized by a peace officer outside the curtilage of any dwelling house in this state.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I am, at this point speaking to Dean Greenblatt on how to procede.The reason I took down my post is because it was the first time I wrote down my experience,about 45 minutes after it happened, and a post had mentioned it and it sounded good. I will give you a short version of the main points. I was walking down the sidewalk,OCing,a cruiser pulled up next to me on the street,when I looked to my left I saw the LEO pointing his gun at me from the drivers seat,he then yelled to get on the ground,which I did , on my stomach,he got out I asked him what his RS was,he said "walking down the street with a gun". I was cuffed ,he lifted me up by the cuffs causing my knee's to scrape the ground.Verbal abuse and threats ensued,they let me go with warnings. It,s a much longer story but those are the main points.God Bless!

Haman J.T.

imported post

T.J. wrote:
Where can i read what happened here? I'm very interested in learning more. I'm up here in Gaylord and i can't find anything in any newapapers.:banghead:
Have patience.

ghostrider

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I am, at this point speaking to Dean Greenblatt on how to procede.The reason I took down my post is because it was the first time I wrote down my experience,about 45 minutes after it happened, and a post had mentioned it and it sounded good. I will give you a short version of the main points. I was walking down the sidewalk,OCing,a cruiser pulled up next to me on the street,when I looked to my left I saw the LEO pointing his gun at me from the drivers seat,he then yelled to get on the ground,which I did , on my stomach,he got out I asked him what his RS was,he said "walking down the street with a gun". I was cuffed ,he lifted me up by the cuffs causing my knee's to scrape the ground.Verbal abuse and threats ensued,they let me go with warnings. It,s a much longer story but those are the main points.God Bless!
I wonder if it would be advisable to get a doctor's report and pics for the physical injuries?

Haman J.T.

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
I wonder if it would be advisable to get a doctor's report and pics for the physical injuries?
Ishowedmy pharmacist and his employee's the injuries as soon as they left,as it happened right in front of the pharmacy.And videos.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
Ishowedmy pharmacist and his employee's the injuries as soon as they left,as it happened right in front of the pharmacy.And videos.
Helps, but not doctors. I hope you got pictures as well.