Thread: New to the forum

Post imported post

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum and to the entire Open Carry movement. However, I am not new to guns. I've been following the CCW permit laws in the state for sometime now, and was a supporter of the State Assembly Bill 357 which would have changed the state constitution to "shall issue" rather than "may issue". Unfortunately for all of us, this bill was shot down (no pun intended). Having said this, it became clear that my chances of obtaining a CCW permit were of no chance.

This is where my research and frustration with the state lead me to find this forum and the Open Carry movement. I am thrilled that I did. As a hunter, I have been open carrying while on my hunts for years (have a cool story as to why, but will post that another time), but never once did it dawn on me that I could open carry in public.

I live in Carlsbad, CA and would love to get with some other open carriers in the San Diego area. Because I have never open carried in public, I figure it'd be good to go my first time with people who have. Or if anyone can direct me to the next event in the San Diego area that would be perfect.

Thanks,

SoCalGlock 21

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum. The next UOC event is being planned for the Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. If you want to attend send me a PM. Here is the thread link.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/29070.html
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Awesome... I read the forum thread for this event and was interested.

When will the event be and at what time. I know the Bass Pro Location well, so that's not an issue.

Thanks,

SoCalGlock 21

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

PM sent your way.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin