• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the forum

SoCalGlock 21

imported post

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum and to the entire Open Carry movement. However, I am not new to guns. I've been following the CCW permit laws in the state for sometime now, and was a supporter of the State Assembly Bill 357 which would have changed the state constitution to "shall issue" rather than "may issue". Unfortunately for all of us, this bill was shot down (no pun intended). Having said this, it became clear that my chances of obtaining a CCW permit were of no chance.

This is where my research and frustration with the state lead me to find this forum and the Open Carry movement. I am thrilled that I did. As a hunter, I have been open carrying while on my hunts for years (have a cool story as to why, but will post that another time), but never once did it dawn on me that I could open carry in public.

I live in Carlsbad, CA and would love to get with some other open carriers in the San Diego area. Because I have never open carried in public, I figure it'd be good to go my first time with people who have. Or if anyone can direct me to the next event in the San Diego area that would be perfect.

Thanks,

SoCalGlock 21

SoCalGlock 21

imported post

Awesome... I read the forum thread for this event and was interested.

When will the event be and at what time. I know the Bass Pro Location well, so that's not an issue.

Thanks,

SoCalGlock 21:)