Thread: Colt Recall

Post imported post

Colt is recalling several of their recent products. Something having to do with slide lock safeties. It's a hot topic on other forums, don't see it here.

Mine was a 10 day turnaround.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    It's a hot topic on other forums, don't see it here.
    Most of us is too poor to own a Colt. (I need anempty-pocket smiley).
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Most of us is too poor to own a Colt. (I need anempty-pocket smiley).
    Do you own any Colts, Citizen?

Post imported post

Well the only Colt I own so far is a 1991A1 Commander. Hopefully that will change in the next couple of months though. I have my little heart set on a Government model. :celebrate

-Gruu

Post imported post

The recall gives ammo to the Colt naysayers and I wasn't happy about it, but It didn't take long to fix the problem. The pistols never gave me any trouble before the recall. I was a little irritated that there is now a tiny scratch on the pistol (probably from a tool).

I think the Marine General that is running Colt now has been working to improvequality standards. Colt was on the brink of extinction. NowColt is introducing new products, they have a new website and if you ever get a chance take a hard look at a SAA revolver in case-hardened blue. It is a work of art.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    The recall gives ammo to the Colt naysayers and I wasn't happy about it, but It didn't take long to fix the problem.
    The recall doesn't seem like a really big deal and Colt seems to be handling it pretty well. (Though T D's experience was not done well--Sorry T D.)

I did happen to buy a new Colt last month but it's not on the list.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    The recall gives ammo to the Colt naysayers and I wasn't happy about it, but It didn't take long to fix the problem. The pistols never gave me any trouble before the recall. I was a little irritated that there is now a tiny scratch on the pistol (probably from a tool).

I think the Marine General that is running Colt now has been working to improvequality standards. Colt was on the brink of extinction. NowColt is introducing new products, they have a new website and if you ever get a chance take a hard look at a SAA revolver in case-hardened blue. It is a work of art.
    I hope that you're right about the turn around in quality control. I would hate to see an American icon like colt fail just because of laziness and apathy.

You're right about the SAA being a work of art. I want one just to have it.:celebrate