• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep Hitting This Poll! **MSNBC: Guns near Obama fuel "open-carry" debate**

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

2010Cobra wrote:
I feel I should clairfy. By 'powers that be' I don't mean Obama I mean the 1% of 300,000,000 Americans who own and control everything worth owning and controlling.

I am actually an Obama supporter most of the time, and a lefty liberal - except:

abortion is wrong,

the death penalty is almost always right, and

every able American over 12 should own a gun

I feel the wealthy are playing conservative against liberal like a chess game, for their entertainment and further wealth generating.

I had to come clean. Thanks. Or not.
I'm really not sure what is left to call yourself a liberal with, but you're right about the chess game.

I refer to it as The Colosseum. We're all forced into combat against each other for the entertainment of others.

RebelHell

imported post

I was reading some of the comments left by voters of the poll and one dissenter said that open carry near the president is a threat. I wholeheartedly agree. The second amendments sole purpose is not about hunting or self defense as many have construed it to be. It is a major part of the system of checks and balances in this country to prevent tyranny and oppression. The open carry of firearms is a direct threat to all public officials to represent the people and their wishes or suffer the ultimate consequence. Do I believe it has come to that yet? No, I think there is still plenty of room to work within the system to change things for the better and things are improving in my opinion, albeit slowly. Our recent election of a fascist president has done a lot to steel the people of this country against tyranny and awoken many of them to the truth. My only hope is that it's not too late.

Now that I have just red-flagged myself on every government list in existance I am gonna go hide in seclusion and clean my guns. :?

We-the-People

imported post

RebelHell wrote:
I was reading some of the comments left by voters of the poll and one dissenter said that open carry near the president is a threat. I wholeheartedly agree. The second amendments sole purpose is not about hunting or self defense as many have construed it to be. It is a major part of the system of checks and balances in this country to prevent tyranny and oppression. The open carry of firearms is a direct threat to all public officials to represent the people and their wishes or suffer the ultimate consequence. Do I believe it has come to that yet? No, I think there is still plenty of room to work within the system to change things for the better and things are improving in my opinion, albeit slowly. Our recent election of a fascist president has done a lot to steel the people of this country against tyranny and awoken many of them to the truth. My only hope is that it's not too late.

Now that I have just red-flagged myself on every government list in existance I am gonna go hide in seclusion and clean my guns. :?

I have to agree in substance with your statement. I don't think the people carry openly at rallys and such are attempting to directly threaten ANYOONE. Not the President, not opposing protestors, or even their ex wife.

I used to exclusively carry concealled. I first got a permit in California and carried at all times except when at work (employer policy). When I moved to Oregon I immediately got my license (my wife beat me to it) and we both carry 24/7/365. Until the last month we both carried concealled but I now carry openly exclusively.

I am doing it to make two statements. ONE - there are guns in our society and if I chose to carry concealled as I am legally entitled to, you'd never have a clue. TWO - Mr politician....do not forget that our founding fathers ensured we had the second amendment to ensure that the government remains the servant of the people. My open carryiing is simply to remind you that we do still have them and that you'd better get the message before the people exercise their Constitutional duty to replace a tyranical governmetn that is unresponsive to the people.

Yes, that's radical, but it's also our DUTY under the Constitution. The whole reason for the second amendment march on April 19th is not to only promote the second amendment, it is to remind Washington and the states that the people can only be pushed so far. Personally, I think during the march (in DC due to the law) everyone should carry an open and empty holster with signs saying "don't make me come back because it will not be empty".

I am a patriot. I am not a "when it's popular" patriot. I'm not a fence sitter until I see the way the fight is going patriot. I am simply a patriot.