• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm back...

dt

imported post

DT here... Just before our OC breakfast in Vancouver back in Feb, I was laid off. Pretty stressful with a baby on the way, a mortgage,and a few mouths to feed. I have not been able to regularly check in here since then, and have certainly missed it.

Good news is that I'm back in a full-time job now after almost 5 months, although I can't check OCDO @ work (Federal government). I did get a home internet setup for my side business, and I'll at least be able to catch up on the latest posts now and then. Our son was born yesterday, and all is well.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your encouragement at the time, and especially to Adamsesq for his part in making sure I still came to the breakfast at Mary's Home Plate.

retrodad

imported post

WTG, DT! I, too, was laid off in late Feb. Just accepted a new position a little over a week ago and will be starting soon. I know how you must've felt (having mouths to feed and yet another one on the way)!

dt

imported post

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Squeak- the little guy's name is Mark. And yeah, I've been doing my share of the nasties, letme tell you. He is our 4th, but I still forget how nasty the stuff is right after they are born. Any of you guys with kids know what I'm talkin' about - get out the wire brush and the shop rags...

Jamfish- Congrats on the new job! I'd never been in that position before (laid off), and it sure made me look at things with different eyes.

mtlhdtodd

imported post

dt wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Squeak- the little guy's name is Mark. And yeah, I've been doing my share of the nasties, letme tell you. He is our 4th, but I still forget how nasty the stuff is right after they are born. Any of you guys with kids know what I'm talkin' about - get out the wire brush and the shop rags...

Jamfish- Congrats on the new job! I'd never been in that position before (laid off), and it sure made me look at things with different eyes.
Boy howdy do I. Don't forget to protect against "the fountain" while changing also.

Congrats :monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate